Users - How to Increase size of Data Fields

Users - How to Increase size of Data Fields

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi Ofbiz Users n Developers,
        I am having a small problem with the Size of Fields basically with Primary Key Ids like Product Category ID etc..
I have changed the repective Value in framework/entity/fieldtype/fieldtypemysql.xml i am also able to see the size getting changed in Webtools/entityDatamaintainance .......but still it is not accepting the size more than 20 which is the old size.
Thanks and Regards
G Venkata Phanindra.

--
G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Users - How to Increase size of Data Fields

cjhowe
I have two possible solutions for you, but neither is aimed at your current approach because I'm not sure why it's still using the old size (did you restart/recompile OFBiz?)

1) Change your approach of product category Ids. Use numbers as the Id, not descriptions (your approach to have any benefit has the user memorizing 20+ case sensitive characters for every category).

2) Change the field's type in the datamodel from id to something that has more characters.

I would greatly urge you to lean towards approach 1.