Users - Inspection process (experience)

Daniel Goodwin
I'm looking for ideas experience of using ofbiz
warehouse component to handle inspections /QA of
materials.

I understand the use of receive inventory where you
can reject materials at first contact. However the QA
process may happen after receipt of materials (if QA
person not available, or quality of material delivered
cannot be determined in simple terms but requires
additional process )
I have currently setup an additional facility (QA) and
receive goods into that facility and when inspection
complete do a transfer to bulk warehaouse (separate
facility) At this pointI can record damaged or unfit
goods which then will update PO accordingly.
HOwever if I only determine on closer inspection that
goods do not serve purpose
a) PO will not be updated accordingly
b) on transfer I cannot reject goods damaged in such
transit or those I find unsuitable and can only use
variance method to record changes.

Has anyone experiences of a more appropriate method of
handling such scenarios.

Daniel

Re: Users - Inspection process (experience)

Adrian Crum
We handle that here with debit memos. Receive the full amount, then issue a
debit memo for the rejected quantities.

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

> I'm looking for ideas experience of using ofbiz
> warehouse component to handle inspections /QA of
> materials.
>
> I understand the use of receive inventory where you
> can reject materials at first contact. However the QA
> process may happen after receipt of materials (if QA
> person not available, or quality of material delivered
> cannot be determined in simple terms but requires
> additional process )
> I have currently setup an additional facility (QA) and
> receive goods into that facility and when inspection
> complete do a transfer to bulk warehaouse (separate
> facility) At this pointI can record damaged or unfit
> goods which then will update PO accordingly.
> HOwever if I only determine on closer inspection that
> goods do not serve purpose
> a) PO will not be updated accordingly
> b) on transfer I cannot reject goods damaged in such
> transit or those I find unsuitable and can only use
> variance method to record changes.
>
> Has anyone experiences of a more appropriate method of
> handling such scenarios.
>
> Daniel

Re: Users - Inspection process (experience)

Daniel Goodwin
Adrian
Can you expand how you create a 'debit memo'  in ofbiz
- is it just an
operational item outside of ofbiz or are you
using ofbiz functionality?

Daniel

Adrian Crum wrote:

>We handle that here with debit memos. Receive the
full amount, then issue a

>debit memo for the rejected quantities.
>
>Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>

>>I'm looking for ideas experience of using ofbiz
>>warehouse component to handle inspections /QA of
>>materials.
>>
>>I understand the use of receive inventory where you
>>can reject materials at first contact. However the
QA
>>process may happen after receipt of materials (if QA
>>person not available, or quality of material
delivered
>>cannot be determined in simple terms but requires
>>additional process )
>>I have currently setup an additional facility (QA)
and
>>receive goods into that facility and when inspection
>>complete do a transfer to bulk warehaouse (separate
>>facility) At this pointI can record damaged or unfit
>>goods which then will update PO accordingly.
>>HOwever if I only determine on closer inspection
that
>>goods do not serve purpose
>>a) PO will not be updated accordingly
>>b) on transfer I cannot reject goods damaged in such
>>transit or those I find unsuitable and can only use
>>variance method to record changes.
>>
>>Has anyone experiences of a more appropriate method
of
>>handling such scenarios.
>>
>>Daniel

Re: Users - Inspection process (experience)

Adrian Crum
Right now it is a procedure outside of OFBiz. I recall someone mentioning a
while ago that to create a debit memo in OFBiz you create an invoice for the
supplier ("bill" the supplier). Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Daniel Goodwin wrote:

> Adrian
> Can you expand how you create a 'debit memo'  in ofbiz
> - is it just an
> operational item outside of ofbiz or are you
> using ofbiz functionality?
>
> Daniel
>

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>

>>We handle that here with debit memos. Receive the
>
> full amount, then issue a
>
>>debit memo for the rejected quantities.
>>
>>Daniel Goodwin wrote:
>>

>>>I'm looking for ideas experience of using ofbiz
>>>warehouse component to handle inspections /QA of
>>>materials.
>>>
>>>I understand the use of receive inventory where you
>>>can reject materials at first contact. However the
>
> QA
>
>>>process may happen after receipt of materials (if QA
>>>person not available, or quality of material
>
> delivered
>
>>>cannot be determined in simple terms but requires
>>>additional process )
>>>I have currently setup an additional facility (QA)
>
> and
>
>>>receive goods into that facility and when inspection
>>>complete do a transfer to bulk warehaouse (separate
>>>facility) At this pointI can record damaged or unfit
>>>goods which then will update PO accordingly.
>>>HOwever if I only determine on closer inspection
>
> that
>
>>>goods do not serve purpose
>>>a) PO will not be updated accordingly
>>>b) on transfer I cannot reject goods damaged in such
>>>transit or those I find unsuitable and can only use
>>>variance method to record changes.
>>>
>>>Has anyone experiences of a more appropriate method
>
> of
>
>>>handling such scenarios.
>>>
>>>Daniel

>>>Yahoo! Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print
>
> service from just 8p a photo
> http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

Re: Users - Inspection process (experience)

Si Chen-2
Our new ledger should support this.
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php

Si