Users - Invoice - Ready for Posting

cjhowe
Perhaps someone can save me some searching the code
for this.  I'm bulk importing some orders.  I'm using
some outside xml imports and then running some OFBiz
processes to move them from one status to another.
When an order has been shipped, an invoice is created
and both the "In Process" status is applied and the
"Ready for Posting" status.  With the Ready for
Posting status, you cannot edit the invoice.  Are
there any other things that occur between In Process
and Ready for Posting that would need to be rolled
back for me to be able to edit the invoice?  Or, do I
just need to remove the InvoiceStatus and update the Invoice.statusId?

Re: Users - Invoice - Ready for Posting

BJ Freeman
look in the statusvalidchanges.xml  invoice_
if you add any, then you will need corresponding service.

First thing I had to change was the statustype.xml and
Statusvalidchanges.xml
this is a customization and not included in the ofbiz distribution.
I then put in services for those statuses.
for invoices, actually order status.

Shipping Cost Query this is for supplier invoices
Product Cost Query this is for supplier invoices
Order Reconciled order, order invoice, supplier invoices.

you can tell be the statuses that there are more screens that just the
invoice. But this lets the invoice be shown and make changes on the
first two and both the order and invoice for comparing on the last one.
The is a list of other invoices from the suppliers related to this order
also.

Chris Howe sent the following on 6/22/06 9:33 AM:

> Perhaps someone can save me some searching the code
> for this.  I'm bulk importing some orders.  I'm using
> some outside xml imports and then running some OFBiz
> processes to move them from one status to another.
> When an order has been shipped, an invoice is created
> and both the "In Process" status is applied and the
> "Ready for Posting" status.  With the Ready for
> Posting status, you cannot edit the invoice.  Are
> there any other things that occur between In Process
> and Ready for Posting that would need to be rolled
> back for me to be able to edit the invoice?  Or, do I
> just need to remove the InvoiceStatus and update the Invoice.statusId?

Re: Users - Invoice - Ready for Posting

cjhowe
Thanks BJ

At the moment I'm not looking to create a service that
allows it, I'm just making sure that (by using an
outside database utility) it would be safe to delete
the InoviceStatus and change Invoice.statusId  to
IN_PROCESS without messing up any possible routines
(glAccounting, etc) if I were to make the invoices
ready for posting in the future.  My search hasn't
turned up anything yet.  So, I'm thinking it's just
being used as a flag.

=====BJ wrote:

look in the statusvalidchanges.xml  invoice_
if you add any, then you will need corresponding
service.

First thing I had to change was the statustype.xml and

Statusvalidchanges.xml
this is a customization and not included in the ofbiz
distribution.
I then put in services for those statuses.
for invoices, actually order status.

Shipping Cost Query this is for supplier invoices
Product Cost Query this is for supplier invoices
Order Reconciled order, order invoice, supplier
invoices.

you can tell be the statuses that there are more
screens that just the
invoice. But this lets the invoice be shown and make
changes on the
first two and both the order and invoice for comparing
on the last one.
The is a list of other invoices from the suppliers
related to this order
also.

Chris Howe sent the following on 6/22/06 9:33 AM:
> Perhaps someone can save me some searching the code
> for this.  I'm bulk importing some orders.  I'm
using
> some outside xml imports and then running some OFBiz
> processes to move them from one status to another.
> When an order has been shipped, an invoice is
created
> and both the "In Process" status is applied and the
> "Ready for Posting" status.  With the Ready for
> Posting status, you cannot edit the invoice.  Are
> there any other things that occur between In Process
> and Ready for Posting that would need to be rolled
> back for me to be able to edit the invoice?  Or, do
> just need to remove the InvoiceStatus and update the
Invoice.statusId?

Re: Users - Invoice - Ready for Posting

READY will post it to general ledger if you're using the Financials
module.  Otherwise, no.  You can change it and you can also modify
your InvoiceServices.java to prevent it from being done automatically.