Users - Linking form fields

Jacques Bergeron-2

Hi,

I searched for a way to automatically link fields in a form widget definition and could not find anything in the docs (including google advanced search of the mailing list archives).

I try to apply the basic pattern of changing a list box items when a user selects an item in another list box.

I know you can do that using javascript but I suppose Ofbiz has a way to generate the scripts automatically from the form definitions.

Thanks in advance for the response

Re: Users - Linking form fields

BJ Freeman
it is a little more complicated that javascript but the same Idea.
you have to call a view service and pass the selected data from the
first box to populate the second.
I am working on a form with the same and have not gotten it to work yet.
still debugging it, so I am not the authority on how to do this.

Jacques Bergeron sent the following on 5/28/2006 6:39 PM:

> Hi,
>

> I searched for a way to automatically link fields in a form widget
> definition and could not find anything in the docs (including google
>

> I try to apply the basic pattern of changing a list box items when a user
> selects an item in another list box.
>

> I know you can do that using javascript but I suppose Ofbiz has a way to
> generate the scripts automatically from the form definitions.
>

> Thanks in advance for the response

Re: Users - Linking form fields

There is currently nothing like this implemented in the form widget. It is a tricky thing to do in HTML, though there are various approaches for both pre-loaded data and data that is retrieved when needed from the server.

We have done some things with popup windows doing lookups based on other form fields, if that is an option for you...

-David

Jacques Bergeron wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I searched for a way to automatically link fields in a form widget
> definition and could not find anything in the docs (including google
>

> I try to apply the basic pattern of changing a list box items when a
> user selects an item in another list box.
>

> I know you can do that using javascript but I suppose Ofbiz has a way to
> generate the scripts automatically from the form definitions.
>

> Thanks in advance for the response

Re: Users - Linking form fields

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi..
       I  am also trying to fix a similar kind of problem i belive that the option expressed by BJ Freeman is the Best option to this problem.Freeman it will be great help for us if u provide More information on your approach .....
Thanks
Phani

Jacques Bergeron wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I searched for a way to automatically link fields in a form widget
> definition and could not find anything in the docs (including google
>

> I try to apply the basic pattern of changing a list box items when a
> user selects an item in another list box.
>

> I know you can do that using javascript but I suppose Ofbiz has a way to
> generate the scripts automatically from the form definitions.
>

> Thanks in advance for the response

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989