Users - Logfile and website usage analysis ...

Users - Logfile and website usage analysis ...

Ian Gilbert-2
Hi Guys,

How are people doing their analysis of usage of the sites?  I can see in Webtools there is a
'Stat's since server start' link but was wondering how people do traffic or shaping analysis (e.g.
seeing the most popular routes through the site, errors generated, exit points etc.,)?  We have an
apache server sitting in front of the box which has to date recorded some of the traffic but, as
you can imagine, this is limited in the information that it can provide and I have been asked to
provide more detailed analysis.

I have been using Analog and Report Magic for analysing the Apache logs and was wondering if I
could use a similar tool (or indeed the same one) for analysing the contents of /ofbiz/logs or if
anyone has any experiences that might save me some time.

Thanks and very best wishes

Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net
Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
0845 456 2429

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

Re: Users - Logfile and website usage analysis ...

davidnwelton
> I have been using Analog and Report Magic for analysing the Apache logs and was wondering if I

Don't know about OFBiz' data itself, but another one that might
interest you is 'visitors', written by a friend of mine.  It provides
some nice graphs showing what steps people take through the site.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - Logfile and website usage analysis ...

Ian Gilbert-2
This one http://www.hping.org/visitors/?  Looks good from the website :)  I have familiarity with
AnalogX and RM though so will try and get them working over the weekend with the logs.  Will
report back next week I hope and maybe have a play with 'Visitor's' if I get some time.

best wishes

Ian