Users - Problem with ofbiz

G Venkata Phanindra

Hi ........Thanks for your reply......

      I am trying to run ofbiz on a 256 MB ram but i am also having other applications running such as MySql,Tomcat and etc.... I also gave 128 Mb as the specification in our startofbiz.sh  is given as

         MEMIF="-Xms128M -Xmx128M"

 I want to know will i be able to improve performance by removing some of the components like
    >       Manufacturing
    >       HummandRess
    >      Work effort
I tried to look into the option for removing the inter-related module but i was not quite successfull........can i do it ........if i can please provide me with some information...............
and also i am trying to move Data base from Derby to MySql since it is already running ........

PLease provide me with some informatiom on Shifting from Derby to MySql ...........

From: David E. Jones <[hidden email]>
Date: Mar 29, 2006 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - Problem with Starting and stoping ofbiz
To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion <[hidden email]>

I wouldn't recommend running OFBiz with so little memory. Chances are by
removing components you are breaking dependencies. The ones you listed
depend on various lower level components.

Also, removing components will not save much memory. The bulk of the initial
memory is taken by libraries and such, including the base Java libraries and
lots of them that come with OFBiz. Some applications components do have
libraries, but these are mostly the lower level ones that others depend on.

It would be a lot of work to slim it down and even then unless you are
running a very small load on it the user data would overrun your memory in
no time...

-David

Basic memory is controlled in the startofbiz.sh. By default it is set to
128mb. it is not recommended to go lower than this.

I may be corrected, but Securityext can not be unloaded. Depending on
what you are doing, the others may not be either. There is some cross
dependencies.

-B J Freeman
G.Venkata Phanindra wrote:
> Hi.
>      I am trying to deploy ofbiz on following system configuration
>          Debian , 128 M,
>      I want to remove some of the components so that it will use less
> memory
>      when i  tried to start ofbiz by commenting the  components of
> applications
>      its throwing me null pointer exception can you please help me out
> to solve this.
>      The List i want to remove/Keep unloaded is
>       Manufacturing .
>       HummandRess
>       Securityext
>      Work effort
> Thanks and Regards
> G.Venkata Phanindra

With Regards,

G Venkata Phanindra.
Mobile :9849852989.

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

Re: Users - Problem with ofbiz

BJ Freeman
have you read
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
?

G Venkata Phanindra sent the following on 3/30/06 8:41 PM:

> [...]
>   >       Manufacturing .
>   >       HummandRess
>   >       Securityext
>   >      Work effort
>   > Thanks and Regards
>   > G.Venkata Phanindra
>   >
>   >
>   > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   >
>   >
>   > _______________________________________________
>   > Users mailing list
>   > [hidden email]
>   > http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>

> With Regards,
>
>  G Venkata Phanindra.
>  Mobile :9849852989.
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
> Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Re: Users - Problem with ofbiz

G Venkata Phanindra

Thanks for the reply........but my problem in more specific is with stopping Ofbiz...........
     i am running MySql ,Tomcat and Apache on This system and its of 512 MB Ram and i am getting the Excecption that unable to start java VM.....
Can i also know information like what is the Best about of memory required to start and stop ofbiz.............when i am integrating it with MySql......

Thanks and Regards,

G Venkata Phanindra.

BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > Debian , 128 M,
> > I want to remove some of the components so that it will use less
> > memory
> > when i tried to start ofbiz by commenting the components of
> > applications
> > its throwing me null pointer exception can you please help me out
> > to solve this.
> > The List i want to remove/Keep unloaded is
> > Manufacturing .
> > HummandRess
> > Securityext
> > Work effort
> > Thanks and Regards
> > G.Venkata Phanindra

> With Regards,
>
> G Venkata Phanindra.
> Mobile :9849852989.
>

> ---------------------------------
> Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
> Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

this sort of reminds me the IKEA commercial with the Volkswagen.
maybe the simplest is to add 256mb of memory.
I have seen ofbiz take up to 756 mb when importing.
the 128mb is more than enough for testing.
the other questions are answered the
OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf

G Venkata Phanindra sent the following on 3/30/06 9:54 PM:

> [...]
>>  >
>>  > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > _______________________________________________
>>  > Users mailing list
>>  > [hidden email]
>>  > http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>

>>With Regards,
>>
>> G Venkata Phanindra.
>> Mobile :9849852989.
>>

>>---------------------------------
>> Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
>>Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

> With Regards,
>
>  G Venkata Phanindra.
>  Mobile :9849852989.

>  Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
> Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

Adrian Crum
RAM is so inexpensive now, why not just fully populate the motherboard? That
would save more than the RAM's cost in time and effort trying to squeeze all
that software in a machine with inadequate memory.

Our OFBiz server has 2 GB of RAM - no memory problems there.