Users - OFBiz 2006 Users Conference?

Blessing, Jeffrey J

Are there any concrete plans for an OFBiz Users Conference in 2006?  I checked the website and only found past User Conference info.

Re: Users - OFBiz 2006 Users Conference?

davidnwelton
> Are there any concrete plans for an OFBiz Users Conference in 2006?  I
> checked the website and only found past User Conference info.

If people start planning now, I think there is a good chance that
OFBiz would have some space at this year's ApacheCons (Europe and US).

Of course, that certainly doesn't preclude an OFBiz specific conference!

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - OFBiz 2006 Users Conference?

David E. Jones

There are no concrete plans yet for a users conference.

The users conference is just like everything else in OFBiz: driven by
the community. It is hosted by a volunteer company each year, usually
in a place near where they are located (Salt Lake City, Minneapolis
and St. Louis so far). A number of companies have expressed interest
for this year, but nothing concrete yet...

There has also been talk about a developers conference that would be
for those who are collaborating on development of OFBiz (not for
usage purposes, but for the future direction and such of the project).

As David Welton mentioned the ApacheCon events will be a great place
for OFBiz-ers to meet in the near future... especially once OFBiz has
completed the incubation process and such, but I guess even before
then too.

-David

On Feb 21, 2006, at 3:08 AM, David Welton wrote:

>> Are there any concrete plans for an OFBiz Users Conference in
>> 2006?  I
>> checked the website and only found past User Conference info.
>
> If people start planning now, I think there is a good chance that
> OFBiz would have some space at this year's ApacheCons (Europe and US).
>
> Of course, that certainly doesn't preclude an OFBiz specific
> conference!
>
> --
> David N. Welton
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
>
> Linux, Open Source Consulting
>  - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - OFBiz 2006 Users Conference?

davidnwelton
> As David Welton mentioned the ApacheCon events will be a great place
> for OFBiz-ers to meet in the near future... especially once OFBiz has
> completed the incubation process and such, but I guess even before
> then too.

ApacheCon Europe is going to be in late June - hopefully by that point
we will have more or less  wrapped things up as far as incubation is
concerned.

ApacheCon US is usually later in the year, November or December, so
incubation should definitely be finished then.

Since I'm not involved with ApacheCon planning, and since I don't know
what sort of conferences you've done before, I can only make more or
less wild guesses, but, if there were interest, perhaps you could
discuss having some sort of OFBiz 'track' at ApacheCon.  I could see
some negative reactions along the lines of "well why not an X, a Y and
a Z track too?", but I suppose asking couldn't hurt.

Anyway, just an idea...