Users - Hi

Dhilip Srinivasan
Hi

          Please help me to find out which applications are using
ports 80 and 443. In my application 80 and 443 are in use. I dont know
how to stop using 80 and 443. if nayone knows help me.

Re: Users - Hi (Query on identification of ports-in-use)

Chakraborty, Debanjan [WHQEO]
Hi,
    If you are on Windows, try using the PULIST from the the W2K Resource Kit. This helps you (specially in case of Win2K) to identify the ports and the corresponding Process ID (PID) mapping. If you are on Win2003, then you can merely use the "netstat -O" from DOS prompt to identify the port-to-PID mapping. Then, using the PID, you can view the name of the process in Task Manager. Refer to the following links for more details:
http://www.petri.co.il/quickly_find_local_open_ports.htm
http://www.petri.co.il/download_free_reskit_tools.htm

regards,
Debanjan

________________________________

          Please help me to find out which applications are using
ports 80 and 443. In my application 80 and 443 are in use. I dont know
how to stop using 80 and 443. if nayone knows help me.

Re: Users - Hi

davidnwelton
>           Please help me to find out which applications are using
> ports 80 and 443. In my application 80 and 443 are in use. I dont know
> how to stop using 80 and 443. if nayone knows help me.

This is something your system administrator should be able to assist
you with.  On Linux, there are tools like lsof that will tell you this
information, amongst other things, but you don't mention what OS you
are using...

as root: lsof | grep TCP

Here's some good advice on asking good questions on open source lists:

David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/