Users - PHP For OFBIZ

Enrique Matta
Hello Everybody,

I am working on a team that wants to utilize both PHP and OFBIZ. The clients site is in PHP and we would like to keep it, but the back end functionality that OFBIZ has by default will be unchanged. Is there a module that will allow us to run PHP in OFBIZ? How would we go about creating this? Is it even recommended? Any help will be great.

Sincerely,

Enrique Matta

Re: Users - PHP For OFBIZ

Brett
Enrique,

There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago.  Search the archives to
find out more on this topic.

Here is a short answer:

1. Yes, it is possible to use a different front-end with ofbiz to take
advantage of existing ofbiz services, but this is not a trivial task.
We do this now with a custom application using an Adobe/Flex front end
talking to an ofbiz back end.

2. You would need to communicate with a web services interface or just
plan HTTP.  You may also want to write your own adaptor class that to
serialize objects between the ofbiz server and php.

Ofbiz includes a lot of UI components and tools to create web
interfaces.  The advantage of using ofbiz for the UI is you can
leverage all the ofbiz engines and not have to worry about session
management between two application servers.  I would recommend
re-evaluating the need to keep a php front end and just converting
everything over to ofbiz.

Those are my thought,

Brett