Users - PHP

cjhowe
What kind of modifications would I need to do to
integrate a php application into ofbiz?  At this point
I'm not needing to use any of ofbiz services, just
make tomcat serve the pages.

Re: Users - PHP

Andrew Sykes
Chris,

The question is a bit vague, but probably the best bet would be to get
your php app speaking to OFBiz as if it were a service or series of
services, then all your php stuff could be used from within the OFBiz
framework.

Sounds like an interesting piece of work, good luck with it.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - PHP

I'm interested also by this question. I got a prospect who have an OSCommerce
site and a retail store (high quality T Shirt). He wants to open a new stores in
another town and I hope to make the POS syncing works between this 2 stores. He
wants to keep his OSCommerce site with it's DB created an updated from OFBiz
main DB (in the first store). He wants also OSCommerce to tell OFBiz about sells
to keep the inventory item updated.

As I know OSCommerce is PHP/MySql, I wonder if the best solution (ie cheaper in
time) is to work with specific batch, files and pooling or to create a special
service ?

Thanks for any advise...

Jacques

> The question is a bit vague, but probably the best bet would be to get
> your php app speaking to OFBiz as if it were a service or series of
> services, then all your php stuff could be used from within the OFBiz
> framework.
>
> Sounds like an interesting piece of work, good luck with it.
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd

> What kind of modifications would I need to do to
> integrate a php application into ofbiz?  At this point
> I'm not needing to use any of ofbiz services, just
> make tomcat serve the pages.

Re: Users - PHP

Andrew Sykes
Jacques,

I've worked quite a bit with the syncing stuff. There's a couple of
problems here, the first is the actual sync and the second is the
incompatibilities between the datamodels.

Obviously you're not going to be able to use the most common data
transport mechanism (RMI), so probably just dumping XML and SFTPing it
would be the best bet.

I'd suggest you either have an external XSLT (or similar) step in
between your export and import, or you use the CMS stuff similar to the
way Si uses it to export Accounting stuff to Quick Books.

Hopefully Si will pick this up and point you in the right direction...
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - PHP

Thanks Andrew,

I really appreciate your response.

> I've worked quite a bit with the syncing stuff. There's a couple of
> problems here, the first is the actual sync

Do you mean that syncing 2 POS (through static IP address on Internet) out of
the box is not possible at the moment ?

>and the second is the
> incompatibilities between the datamodels

Or (because you speak of datamodel*s*) do you mean that syncing OFBiz and
OSCommerce is not possible (I'm not expecting to do that out of the box with
OFBiz) ?
.
> Obviously you're not going to be able to use the most common data
> transport mechanism (RMI), so probably just dumping XML and SFTPing it
> would be the best bet.

Yes and pooling it, that's the way I see it.

> I'd suggest you either have an external XSLT (or similar) step in
> between your export and import,

The PHP part will not be done by me. I will see that with my OSCommerce partner,
thanks for the suggestion.

>or you use the CMS stuff similar to the
> way Si uses it to export Accounting stuff to Quick Books.
> Hopefully Si will pick this up and point you in the right direction...

I hope he will ;o)

Re: Users - PHP

Chris:
tom Cat does not understand PHP syntax. you would need an PHP
interpretor in Java. Thats a lot of work.
have you thought to using JK_mod between the PHP webserver and ofbiz?

Chris Howe sent the following on 1/14/06 8:35 PM: