Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

G Venkata Phanindra
Hi....
       I have created a Webstore with Derby as database and now i want to shift to Mysql i used the Webtools manager and i have Exported all the Data from Derby into xml files ...then  i shifted to mysql Database and tried to import those Xml files i am getting Exception as follows
 Nomanaged Connections Exist....

regards
Phani

With Regards,

G Venkata Phanindra.
Mobile :9849852989.

Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

BJ Freeman
there is another thread about mysql.
the error has to do with mysql and/or the jdbc driver.

G Venkata Phanindra sent the following on 5/8/06 11:58 PM:

> Hi....
>         I have created a Webstore with Derby as database and now i want to shift to Mysql i used the Webtools manager and i have Exported all the Data from Derby into xml files ...then  i shifted to mysql Database and tried to import those Xml files i am getting Exception as follows
>   Nomanaged Connections Exist....
>
>  regards
>  Phani
>

> With Regards,
>
>  G Venkata Phanindra.
>  Mobile :9849852989.
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
> Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

Mark-60
The other thread is mine, but this seems to be a totally different error...

The thing is that all initialization seems to go well. I already upgraded to the latest MySQL production version.
I just can not imagine that one of the 2 biggest open source DBs does not work with ofbiz (or better the other way around)...

Can somebody who is using ofbiz with MySQL under windows please let me know what version they use, if they had to do anything special and maybe please email me their JDBC driver jar?

Again - there is no DB related error message in any of the logs, nor an exception...

Thanks,

MARK

BJ Freeman wrote:
[...]

Well, I downloaded one of those weekly builds (7445). Since there doesn't seem to be a special production release of ofbiz it is hard to tell what to download in order to avoid getting bugs from betas, etc.
So maybe it's just my download. I also tried opentaps 7525 and ended up with the same problem, but that  is also just a weekly build.

I just started downloading opentaps 0.9, I didn't know that site so far. So maybe that helps...

Are you running this on windows or on Linux?

Thanks for your help,

MARK

Mark wrote:

Well, I downloaded one of those weekly builds (7445). Since there doesn't seem to be a special production release of ofbiz it is hard to tell what to download in order to avoid getting bugs from betas, etc.
opentaps is supposed to be a production release. 0.9.0 is the first and beta-ish release.  0.9.1, 0.9.2, etc. would be more stable.
So maybe it's just my download. I also tried opentaps 7525 and ended up with the same problem, but that  is also just a weekly build.

The weekly builds don't include JDBC drivers like the opentaps releases.
I just started downloading opentaps 0.9, I didn't know that site so far. So maybe that helps...

Are you running this on windows or on Linux?

I've run it on Windows, OS X, Red Hat, Debian, and Suse.
Thanks for your help,

MARK

BJ Freeman wrote:
there is another thread about mysql.
the error has to do with mysql and/or the jdbc driver.

G Venkata Phanindra sent the following on 5/8/06 11:58 PM:

Hi....
        I have created a Webstore with Derby as database and now i want to shift to Mysql i used the Webtools manager and i have Exported all the Data from Derby into xml files ...then  i shifted to mysql Database and tried to import those Xml files i am getting Exception as follows
  Nomanaged Connections Exist....

 regards
 Phani

With Regards,

 G Venkata Phanindra.
 Mobile :9849852989.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

Mark-60

> opentaps is supposed to be a production release. 0.9.0 is the first
> and beta-ish release.  0.9.1, 0.9.2, etc. would be more stable.

Well, which one would be the best choice then? 0.9 is the only one that
is available on opentaps.org's download section. Are 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 out
there yet?
If so, where do I find the links?

> The weekly builds don't include JDBC drivers like the opentaps releases.

I know, I first had a missing driver exception and dropped in
mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.jar

Thank you,

MARK

Mark wrote:
opentaps is supposed to be a production release. 0.9.0 is the first
and beta-ish release.  0.9.1, 0.9.2, etc. would be more stable.

Well, which one would be the best choice then? 0.9 is the only one that
is available on opentaps.org's download section. Are 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 out
there yet?
If so, where do I find the links?

0.9.0 is available right now.  0.9.1, 0.9.2 will be available in the future as bugs get fixed, issues resolved, etc.  Send in your bug reports.  Better yet, send in some patches.

The weekly builds don't include JDBC drivers like the opentaps releases.

I know, I first had a missing driver exception and dropped in
mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.jar

Thank you,

MARK

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

Mark-60
Hi Si,

ok, opentaps works, I don't know what went wrong with the other versions, I guess it's some issue with that particular weekly build...

What (in a nutshell) is the relation and more importantly the difference between ofbiz and opentaps?
Is opentaps equal to ofbiz plus some more add-ons?

Thank you,

MARK

BJ Freeman wrote:
[...]

Andrew Sykes
Phani,

Have you installed the MySQL JDBC driver?

Licensing restricts the distribution of this with OFBiz

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 07:58 +0100, G Venkata Phanindra wrote:

> Hi....
>        I have created a Webstore with Derby as database and now i want
> to shift to Mysql i used the Webtools manager and i have Exported all
> the Data from Derby into xml files ...then  i shifted to mysql
> Database and tried to import those Xml files i am getting Exception as
> follows
>  Nomanaged Connections Exist....
>
> regards
> Phani
>

> With Regards,
>
> G Venkata Phanindra.
> Mobile :9849852989.

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi ,.........
        Thanks for all your replies ......but i am not having any problem with using the MySql data base ......i am facing problem with Importing the Data base that is exported from Derby into XML format using the Webtools
While doing this i am getting the following Exception .........
NoManageble Connections
 I am using mysql-connecter-3.1
I feel this is issue with Webtools component rather than Mysql Connections Problem..

Thanks and Regards
Phani

On 5/10/06, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Phani,

Have you installed the MySQL JDBC driver?

Licensing restricts the distribution of this with OFBiz

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 07:58 +0100, G Venkata Phanindra wrote:

> Hi....
>        I have created a Webstore with Derby as database and now i want
> to shift to Mysql i used the Webtools manager and i have Exported all
> the Data from Derby into xml files ...then  i shifted to mysql
> Database and tried to import those Xml files i am getting Exception as
> follows
>  Nomanaged Connections Exist....
>
> regards
> Phani
>

> With Regards,
>
> G Venkata Phanindra.
> Mobile :9849852989.

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Users - Problem with migration to Mysql from Derby

Andrew Sykes
Phani,

Can you send a stack trace?