Users - Profiling OFBiz applications with JProbe

Users - Profiling OFBiz applications with JProbe

Debanjan Chakraborty
Hi,
     I am trying to integrate JProbe Profiler with our our applications, but couldn't make much progress. I would like to know if anyone has tried this before. If yes, then I can pass on the details of the exact problem that I am facing (basically having some issues in integrating OFBiz with JProbe Profiler). I searched at OFBiz Wiki and User lists but didn't find any info on this (I hope I was using the correct search criteria while searching for the info)

thanks,
Debanjan

Re: Users - Profiling OFBiz applications with JProbe

David E. Jones

What have you tried so far that isn't working? I've successfully done this with OFBiz using a few different profiling tools. I don't recall using JProbe Profiler specifically though, so I couldn't vouch for the tool.

Generally you want to start OFBiz on its own with the command line arguments to enable to profiling hooks, and then attach to it with the profiler. Also, make _sure_ the profiler supports starting profiling after an initialization period because you'll want to start OFBiz and do some page hits (or run 1 cycle of your profiling client script) before you turn on statistics gathering. The reason for this is that the information about what happens during startup and cache loading is not at all helpful and will totally mess up your results.

Also make sure you are profiling an instance that is tuned for production as described in the Basic Production Setup Guide. This would include killing the timeouts on the configuration caches and turning off verbose and info level log messages, along with whatever else to approximate your production settings (including JVM used, etc).

-David

Debanjan Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am trying to integrate JProbe Profiler with our our
> applications, but couldn't make much progress. I would like to know if
> anyone has tried this before. If yes, then I can pass on the details of
> the exact problem that I am facing (basically having some issues in
> integrating OFBiz with JProbe Profiler). I searched at OFBiz Wiki and
> User lists but didn't find any info on this (I hope I was using the
> correct search criteria while searching for the info)
>
> thanks,
> Debanjan

Re: Users - Profiling OFBiz applications with JProbe

Firas A.-2
Hello David,

Could you share with us the list of profiling tools that you used?

Thanks!

</Firas>

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:56:01 -0600
From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - Profiling OFBiz applications with JProbe
To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion <[hidden email]>

What have you tried so far that isn't working? I've successfully done this
with OFBiz using a few different profiling tools. I don't recall using
JProbe Profiler specifically though, so I couldn't vouch for the tool.

Generally you want to start OFBiz on its own with the command line arguments
to enable to profiling hooks, and then attach to it with the profiler. Also,
make _sure_ the profiler supports starting profiling after an initialization
period because you'll want to start OFBiz and do some page hits (or run 1
cycle of your profiling client script) before you turn on statistics
gathering. The reason for this is that the information about what happens
during startup and cache loading is not at all helpful and will totally mess
up your results.

Also make sure you are profiling an instance that is tuned for production as
described in the Basic Production Setup Guide. This would include killing
the timeouts on the configuration caches and turning off verbose and info
level log messages, along with whatever else to approximate your production
settings (including JVM used, etc).

-David

Debanjan Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am trying to integrate JProbe Profiler with our our
> applications, but couldn't make much progress. I would like to know if
> anyone has tried this before. If yes, then I can pass on the details of
> the exact problem that I am facing (basically having some issues in
> integrating OFBiz with JProbe Profiler). I searched at OFBiz Wiki and
> User lists but didn't find any info on this (I hope I was using the
> correct search criteria while searching for the info)
>
> thanks,
> Debanjan

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:02:48 -0600
From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OFBiz] Users - quickship
To: OFBiz Users / Usage Discussion <[hidden email]>

Fred,

There is a variable in the context with the name "null", but you aren't
referring to it correctly. With value="null" you are specifying a String
with the letters "null". To refer to the variable you need to use the env
name attribute instead.

-David

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried using null as coded in the previous post and get....
>
> Error running the simple-method: Error in simple-method operation
> [<entity-condition/>]: java.lang
> .IllegalArgumentException: Could not convert field value for the field:
> [quantityNotAvailable] on the [OrderItemAndShipGrpInvResAndItem] enti
> ty to the [Double] type for the value [null]:
> org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Could not convert null to Double:
>   (Unparseable number: "
> null")
>
> how can one get around this and actually get the records that contain
> "null" in the value?
>
> Thanx
> Fred
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I would like to create a quickShipInstockItems and figured I could just
>> copy the the quickShipEntireOrder service and add quantityNotAvailable =
>> 0 to the section that gets the OrderItemAndShipGrpInvResAndItem.
>> however, it seems quantityNotAvailable is null unless greater than 0.
>>
>> is it possible to add a check for a null value in the condition
expression.

>> eg...
>>
>> <entity-condition entity-name="OrderItemAndShipGrpInvResAndItem"
>> list-name="orderItemAndShipGrpInvResAndItemList">
>>              <condition-list>
>>                  <condition-expr field-name="orderId"
>> env-name="orderHeader.orderId"/>
>>                  <condition-expr field-name="statusId"
>> value="ITEM_APPROVED"/>
>>                  <condition-expr field-name="quantityNotAvailable"
>> operator="equals" value="null"/>   --- HERE ---
>>              </condition-list>
>>          </entity-condition>
>>
>> thanx
>> Fred.