Users - Question about setting the billing address during order entry

Users - Question about setting the billing address during order entry

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

what is the preferred way to select a billing address (different from
the shipping address) in the ordermgr's checkout process?
I've noticed that the only way to do this is by selecting a payment
method associated to a billing address (for example a CC that is
associated to the proper address).
But, how can I set a billing address for an offline payment? Should we
add a new screen or form to the checkout process for this? And if the
user selects a billing address and then a CC associated to a different
address, what address should take precedence?

Thanks for your help,

Re: Users - Question about setting the billing address during order entry

David E. Jones

Yes, it is very much by design that "billing" addresses are only associated with payment methods.

In OFBiz an off-line payment would not have a billing address, because it means wait until payment is received before approving and fulfilling the order. In other words, there is no invoice to send so we don't need a place to send it to.

If you really want a "real" billing address where you would send a bill and such, the thing to do is use a BillingAccount and have the address associated with that...

-David

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what is the preferred way to select a billing address (different from
> the shipping address) in the ordermgr's checkout process?
> I've noticed that the only way to do this is by selecting a payment
> method associated to a billing address (for example a CC that is
> associated to the proper address).
> But, how can I set a billing address for an offline payment? Should we
> add a new screen or form to the checkout process for this? And if the
> user selects a billing address and then a CC associated to a different
> address, what address should take precedence?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Jacopo

Re: Users - Question about setting the billing address during order entry

Jacopo Cappellato
Thanks!