Users - SSL Setup

cjhowe
I know I've already shared my two cents on the issue,
but I just started reading O'Reilly Media's book,
Asterisk: The Future of Telephony, written by Jim Van
Meggelen, Jared Smith, and Leif Madsen.  Which has
been released under creative commons (available here:
http://voipspeak.net/images/stories/orielly/AsteriskTFOT.zip)

There's a section in the first chapter that discusses
the Asterisk community and I've attatched an excerpt
in pdf format.  It highlights many similar issues that
is common between many open source communities while
speaking specifically to the Asterisk community.
Remember, however, that Asterisk was born to
specifically leverage a single company's intersts (so
they have lots of dedicated resources, I mean geez
they have a friggin O'Reilly book released into the
Creative Commons.  That should tell you something.)
and that the Asterisk community is HUGE compared to
OFBiz.  Anyway, download at your own enjoyment.

TheAsteriskCommunity.pdf (24K) Download Attachment