Users - Software downloads as Product

Charles Johnson-4
I'm fairly certain that someone was doing some work on this, but can't
find a Jira. Has anyone got anything to report? I'd love to know how
they approached this

CJ

Re: Users - Software downloads as Product

Andrew Sykes
Charles,

David and I worked on a digital download thing, there's a lot of stuff
already in the ecommerce component.

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 18:18 +0100, Charles Johnson wrote:

> I'm fairly certain that someone was doing some work on this, but can't
> find a Jira. Has anyone got anything to report? I'd love to know how
> they approached this
>
> CJ

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Andrew Sykes wrote:

>Charles,
>
>David and I worked on a digital download thing, there's a lot of stuff
>already in the ecommerce component.
>
>On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 18:18 +0100, Charles Johnson wrote:
>

>>I'm fairly certain that someone was doing some work on this, but can't
>>find a Jira. Has anyone got anything to report? I'd love to know how
>>they approached this
>>
>>CJ

Thanks. Interesting. Could you give me some key words (service names,
class names etc?)

CJ

Re: Users - Software downloads as Product

David E. Jones

Charles,

Look at the product in the demo data (DemoProduct.xml) with the ID "GZ-DIG". Try buying one and look at your order history.

-David

David E. Jones wrote:

>Charles,
>
>Look at the product in the demo data (DemoProduct.xml) with the ID "GZ-DIG". Try buying one and look at your order history.
>
>-David
>

>Charles Johnson wrote:
>

>>Andrew Sykes wrote:
>>

>>>Charles,
>>>
>>>David and I worked on a digital download thing, there's a lot of stuff
>>>already in the ecommerce component.

>>Thanks. Interesting. Could you give me some key words (service names,
>>class names etc?)
>>
>>CJ

Thanks - i'll check that out.

Charles Johnson wrote:

>David E. Jones wrote:
>

>>Charles,
>>
>>Look at the product in the demo data (DemoProduct.xml) with the ID "GZ-DIG". Try buying one and look at your order history.
>>
>>-David
>>

>>Charles Johnson wrote:

>>>Thanks. Interesting. Could you give me some key words (service names,
>>>class names etc?)
>>>
>>>CJ

>Thanks - i'll check that out.
>
>CJ

Look at the product in the demo data (DemoProduct.xml) with the ID
"GZ-DIG". Try buying one and look at your order history.

Yes, it's there in the xml file, but there's no sign of it in ECommerce,
nor, more suprisingly, any in Entity Data Maintenance. Do i have to
'reseed' in any special way?

CJ

Re: Users - Software downloads as Product

Ray Barlow
That is part of the demo data and should load OK using:
ant run-install

For the different data loading options have a look at:
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=SeedData

It's in category 100 and 101 (Small Gizmos), although not in the search
category so will not be found using keyword searches, this is by design.

Ray

>Look at the product in the demo data (DemoProduct.xml) with the ID
>"GZ-DIG". Try buying one and look at your order history.
>

>Yes, it's there in the xml file, but there's no sign of it in ECommerce,
>nor, more suprisingly, any in Entity Data Maintenance. Do i have to
>'reseed' in any special way?
>
>CJ

Re: Users - Software downloads as Product

Andrew Sykes
Charles,

I'm a bit behind with emails, so perhaps this has already been answered.

The digital product is not seed data, it is demo data, hence it needs
loaded with
ant run-install
not
ant run-install-seed