Users - Starting Ofbiz in eclipse

Dimitri Unruh
Hi everybody,

i have a problem with OFBIZ and eclipse. When i'm starting OFBIZ in eclipse,
everything seems to be alright, but in my browser i get the following error
message:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source
file

        org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
        org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
        org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:258)

Anyway, when i start OFBIZ without eclipse, it works great. So it seems to
be a problem with my eclipse-settings. Maybe someone can help me...

Thanks

Dimitri Unruh

Re: Users - Starting Ofbiz in eclipse

Ray Barlow
First guess when Jasper can't compile is check it launched using a JDK
and not a JRE, although -1 in the jsp file sounds a little odd for that
problem.

Have you looked at:
http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=OfbizInEclipse

Lots of info on running OFBiz in Eclipse, with different combinations of
Eclipse running 1.5 and launching OFBiz with 1.4 or even just launching
OFBiz using ant i.e. external to Eclipse and remote debugging.

If that doesn't give you any help then provide a little more information
on your set up and we might be able to dig a little deeper.

Ray

Dimitri Unruh wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>i have a problem with OFBIZ and eclipse. When i'm starting OFBIZ in eclipse,
>everything seems to be alright, but in my browser i get the following error
>message:
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>
>An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
>Generated servlet error:
>    [javac] Compiling 1 source
>file
>

> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:258)
>

>Anyway, when i start OFBIZ without eclipse, it works great. So it seems to
>be a problem with my eclipse-settings. Maybe someone can help me...
>
>Thanks
>
>Dimitri Unruh

Re: Users - Starting Ofbiz in eclipse

Charles Johnson-4

Dimitri Unruh wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>i have a problem with OFBIZ and eclipse. When i'm starting OFBIZ in eclipse,
>everything seems to be alright, but in my browser i get the following error
>message:
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>
>An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
>Generated servlet error:
>    [javac] Compiling 1 source
>file
>

> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
> org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:258)
>

>Anyway, when i start OFBIZ without eclipse, it works great. So it seems to
>be a problem with my eclipse-settings. Maybe someone can help me...
>
>Thanks
>
>Dimitri Unruh

Try adding the appropriate version of tools.jar, containing the
compiler, to your project's build path

CJ

Re: Users - Starting Ofbiz in eclipse

Dimitri Unruh