Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
Hi everyone
we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from a CSV then transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked great. We then tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has anobody noticed this ?
The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?

regards
Tibor

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

Jacopo Cappellato
maybe the transaction timeout is too short... are you importing the data
from Webtools? does the crash happens after a fixed amount of time (i.e.
two minutes)?

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi everyone
> we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from a CSV
> then transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked great.
> We then tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has
> anobody noticed this ?
> The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
> is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?
>

> regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

not sure what version you have, or if they have changed the import since
5,000 reves, but the import is a stream, therefore memory.
you can try increasing the memory, or cutting up the import.

tibor katelbach sent the following on 3/30/06 5:48 AM:

> Hi everyone
> we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from a CSV then
> transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked great. We then
> tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has anobody
> noticed this ?
> The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
> is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?
>

> regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

Fred Forester-2

I do it like this

java -jar ofbiz.jar -install -timeout=21600 -file=/full/path/to/file

I have used this to import a files as large as 496766076

BJ Freeman wrote:
not sure what version you have, or if they have changed the import since
5,000 reves, but the import is a stream, therefore memory.
you can try increasing the memory, or cutting up the import.

tibor katelbach sent the following on 3/30/06 5:48 AM:

Hi everyone
we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from a CSV then
transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked great. We then
tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has anobody
noticed this ?
The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?

regards
Tibor

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
thanks for the quick answer

we are not using directly the webtools but the same methods as in the import api.
we are on Sequoia 0.8,
it's quite hard to say if the time before failure is constant.
BJ how would you increase the streams memory ? this seems be a good solution.
is there a limit to this stream  memory size, cause ultematly we will have an xml file with 100000 insert tags. Right now we are still testing with 10000 ?

offfcourse the cut up will be our last way to go.
Thanks a lot

On 3/30/06, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
not sure what version you have, or if they have changed the import since
5,000 reves, but the import is a stream, therefore memory.
you can try increasing the memory, or cutting up the import.

tibor katelbach sent the following on 3/30/06 5:48 AM:

> Hi everyone
> we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from a CSV then
> transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked great. We then
> tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has anobody
> noticed this ?
> The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
> is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?
>

> regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
interesting Fred
but you have to stop the server for this , would it bve possible to have a similar hot plugged solution ?

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

Hi Tibor,

I don't think that the problem is the size of your data (100000 are not
so many...) so my guess is that there are some problem in the data itself...

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:

> thanks for the quick answer
>
> we are not using directly the webtools but the same methods as in the
> import api.
> we are on Sequoia 0.8,
> it's quite hard to say if the time before failure is constant.
> BJ how would you increase the streams memory ? this seems be a good
> solution.
> is there a limit to this stream  memory size, cause ultematly we will
> have an xml file with 100000 insert tags. Right now we are still testing
> with 10000 ?
>
> offfcourse the cut up will be our last way to go.
> Thanks a lot
>

> On 3/30/06, *BJ Freeman* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     not sure what version you have, or if they have changed the import since
>     5,000 reves, but the import is a stream, therefore memory.
>     you can try increasing the memory, or cutting up the import.
>

>     tibor katelbach sent the following on 3/30/06 5:48 AM:
>      > Hi everyone
>      > we have managed to import dynamically small xml files coming from
>     a CSV then
>      > transformed to a valid entity engine XML format. That worked
>     great. We then
>      > tested with big files and unfortunetly it crashed on us ? has
>     anobody
>      > noticed this ?
>      > The crash seems to be on the StoreAll.
>      > is there a limit to the size of files that can be imported ?
>      >
>      >
>      > regards
>      > Tibor
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
ok thx for all the good info guys.
we'll have to do some testing on the generated xml content.
will send in the results
Best Regards
Tibor

tibor katelbach wrote:
interesting Fred
but you have to stop the server for this , would it bve possible to have a similar hot plugged solution ?

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
Btw Fred
can you make your call from inside a java file ?

tibor katelbach wrote:
interesting Fred
but you have to stop the server for this , would it bve possible to have a similar hot plugged solution ?

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

Fred Forester-2
I have seperate programs that generate the xml and just use the ofbiz jar in batch. (this was a one shot import scenario) however, you should be able to drive
ModelDataFileReader directly.

tibor katelbach wrote:
interesting Fred
but you have to stop the server for this , would it bve possible to have a similar hot plugged solution ?

Re: Users - StoreAll crash on big import files ?

oceatoon
ok thx
we have that we were using the old methods(simpler) and that our generated xml work fine in the import webtools.
so we'll be refactoring.
Thx a  lot
Tibor