Users - Support for Billing Account in PartyProfileDefault

Users - Support for Billing Account in PartyProfileDefault

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

PartyProfileDefault is missing support for billing account id so that it can be selected by default in ecommerce checkout screens. Using input from Chris, here’s a two line patch to fix that. It does add another field to PartyProfileDefault. If it makes sense, it can be incorporated in SVN. I can make Jira issue if that is preferred.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

billingaccount 04-12.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Support for Billing Account in PartyProfileDefault

cjhowe
I know that it would be a litte work, but would it be
better (more flexible) for PartyProfileDefault entity
to be a type and value type of entity, ie

    <entity entity-name="PartyProfileDefault"
            package-name="org.ofbiz.party.party"
            title="Party Profile Defaults">
      <field name="partyId" type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="productStoreId"
type="id-ne"></field>
      <field name="profileDefaultType"
type="id"></field>
      <field name="value" type="id"></field>
      <prim-key field="partyId"/>
      <prim-key field="productStoreId"/>

and add a PartyProfileType entity.  That way every
additional "default" someone thinks up doensn't need
to change the entity and 75% of the entity won't
remain empty.
=============Vinay wrote:

Hello,

PartyProfileDefault is missing support for billing
account id so that it can
be selected by default in ecommerce checkout screens.
Using input from
Chris, here's a two line patch to fix that. It does
add another field to
PartyProfileDefault. If it makes sense, it can be
incorporated in SVN. I can
make Jira issue if that is preferred.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Support for Billing Account inPartyProfileDefault

Vinay Agarwal
Chris,
Do you anticipate many new type of default entries? From what I can recall
from all commercial sites I have used, PartyProfileDefault is missing only a
few things, e.g. default email, default phone, default shipping method,
default gift wrap etc. May be we can add these items without changing its
structure.
Vinay

Re: Users - Support for Billing Account inPartyProfileDefault

cjhowe
Vinay,

ecommerce is not the only possible use of
partyProfileDefault settings.  Limiting the entity
structure to ecommerce settings is more than likely
limiting the development of applications to ecommerce.
 The easier it is for other types of programs to
utilize OFBiz, the more types of programs will develop
naturally.

================Vinay wrote:

Chris,
Do you anticipate many new type of default entries?
>From what I can recall
from all commercial sites I have used,
PartyProfileDefault is missing only a
few things, e.g. default email, default phone, default
shipping method,
default gift wrap etc. May be we can add these items
without changing its
structure.
Vinay

Re: Users - Support for Billing Account inPartyProfileDefault

David E. Jones

It's easy enough to add fields that I don't think the changes for new fields should discourage that approach. It does make it easier to get to the information to have special fields for each thing, but is not as flexible as just adding a new type for new fields....

-David