Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

ajedwardsjr
Team,

We're currently configuring ofbiz_6471 and are struggling with the Tax Parameters.  When I follow the documentation, and it tells me to go to the Tax tab, I don't see it?  Has it been moved in this version?  Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

See Tax Authorities in Accounting and the last fields of your store

Jacques
We're currently configuring ofbiz_6471 and are struggling with the Tax Parameters.  When I follow the documentation, and it tells me to go to the Tax tab, I don't see it?  Has it been moved in this version?  Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

ajedwardsjr
Thanks.  I appreciate your response.  I'm so new at this I feel like my questions are stupid, but I still can't figure out what I need to do to solve the problem.

When we attempt to enter an order we get the following message.

Error setting customer tax info: org.ofbiz.service.ServiceAuthException: User authorization is required for this service: createCustomerTaxAuthInfo

Thanks.
Jim

From: Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
See Tax Authorities in Accounting and the last fields of your store

Jacques
We're currently configuring ofbiz_6471 and are struggling with the Tax Parameters.  When I follow the documentation, and it tells me to go to the Tax tab, I don't see it?  Has it been moved in this version?  Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

Daniel Kunkel
Hi Jim

Yes, that happens in the latest svn dummy data too from what I can tell.

I've made a jira issue of it

http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-663

By the way...

Si found some good information on Tax Authorities from David which I put
into wiki:

http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=TaxAuthority

Thanks

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:30 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks.  I appreciate your response.  I'm so new at this I feel like
> my questions are stupid, but I still can't figure out what I need to
> do to solve the problem.
>
> When we attempt to enter an order we get the following message.
>
> Error setting customer tax info:
> org.ofbiz.service.ServiceAuthException: User authorization is required
> for this service: createCustomerTaxAuthInfo
>
> Thanks.
> Jim

Ok,  So are telling me there is no way to get this resolved so I can take orders?

From: Daniel Kunkel <[hidden email]>

> Hi Jim
>
> Yes, that happens in the latest svn dummy data too from what I can tell.
>
> I've made a jira issue of it
>
> http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-663
>

> By the way...
>
> Si found some good information on Tax Authorities from David which I put
> into wiki:
>
> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=TaxAuthority
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 17:30 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Thanks. I appreciate your response. I'm so new at this I feel like
> > my questions are stupid, but I still can't figure out what I need to
> > do to solve the problem.
> >
> > When we attempt to enter an order we get the following message.
> >
> > Error setting customer tax info:
> > org.ofbiz.service.ServiceAuthException: User authorization is required
> > for this service: createCustomerTaxAuthInfo
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Jim

> > From: Jacques Le Roux
> > See Tax Authorities in Accounting and the last fields of your
> > store
> >
> > Jacques

Quick Checkout works great...

I'm looking at taking out all of the Checkout links for the time being.

Thanks

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 22:30 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Ok,  So are telling me there is no way to get this resolved so I can
> take orders?

Not for me it doesn't.
Here's the error I get.
The Following Errors Occurred:

  • The address(es) used for tax calculation did not have State/Province or Country values set, so we cannot determine the taxes to charge.
And I have confirmed the address(es) do contain STate/Province or Country values.

This has been EXTREMELY frustrating.  Everytime I think we're getting close, I encounter another obstacle or problem.  I've tried two version and so far I have yet to find one that's stable and actually works without some sort of problem.

I don't mean to be negative just telling what I've experienced.

Jim
From: Daniel Kunkel <[hidden email]>

> Hi
>
> Quick Checkout works great...
>
> I'm looking at taking out all of the Checkout links for the time being.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 22:30 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Ok, So are telling me there is no way to get this resolved so I can
> > take orders?

> > From: Daniel Kunkel
> >
> > > Hi Jim
> > >
> > > Yes, that happens in the latest svn dummy data too from what
> > I can tell.
> > >
> > > I've made a jira issue of it
> > >
> > > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-663
> > >

> > > By the way...
> > >
> > > Si found some good information on Tax Authorities from David
> > which I put
> > > into wiki:
> > >
> > > http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?
> > page=TaxAuthority
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > feel like
> > I need to

> > message.

> > is required

David E. Jones

NOTICE: You are using a community driven open source project. If you
do not have developers in house or on contract that can fix this sort
of thing then be prepared to be very patient. There are people
constantly working on issues, but many times without any sponsorship
or pay, so they have to choose carefully where effort goes and how
issues are prioritized.

-David

From: Daniel Kunkel <[hidden email]>

> Hi
>
> Quick Checkout works great...
>
> I'm looking at taking out all of the Checkout links for the time being.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 22:30 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Ok, So are telling me there is no way to get this resolved so I can
> > take orders?

> > From: Daniel Kunkel
> >
> > > Hi Jim
> > >
> > > Yes, that happens in the latest svn dummy data too from what
> > I can tell.
> > >
> > > I've made a jira issue of it
> > >
> > > http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-663
> > >

> > > By the way...
> > >
> > > Si found some good information on Tax Authorities from David
> > which I put
> > > into wiki:
> > >
> > > http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?
> > page=TaxAuthority
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > feel like
> > I need to

> > message.

> > is required

Thats a very valid point and I do agree with you.  I really like the OFBiz System, potential features, etc., but I'm in the process of deciding if it's mature and stable enough for my business.

From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

> NOTICE: You are using a community driven open source project. If you
> do not have developers in house or on contract that can fix this sort
> of thing then be prepared to be very patient. There are people
> constantly working on issues, but many times without any sponsorship
> or pay, so they have to choose carefully where effort goes and how
> issues are prioritized.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:03 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Not for me it doesn't.
> > Here's the error I get.
> > The Following Errors Occurred:
> >
> > The address(es) used for tax calculation did not have State/
> > Province or Country values set, so we cannot determine the taxes to
> > charge.
> > And I have confirmed the address(es) do contain STate/Province or
> > Country values.
> >
> > This has been EXTREMELY frustrating. Everytime I think we're
> > getting close, I encounter another obstacle or problem. I've tried
> > two version and so far I have yet to find one that's stable and
> > actually works without some sort of problem.
> >
> > I don't mean to be negative just telling what I've experienced.
> >
> > Jim
> > From: Daniel Kunkel
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Quick Checkout works great...
> > >
> > > I'm looking at taking out all of the Checkout links for the time
> > being.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > can

Thanks to everyone for the input and assistance in the past few weeks.  Unfortunately I was forced into not using Ofbiz.  In my experience (along with others) and giving it days and days of research, testing, etc., I could not find a "stable" version.  Yes, Sequoia has what they call a stable version, but I tested and worked with many versions including the latest build, but could not find one that did not continuously  have problems.

I do believe your system has potential, I like the foundation and the direction it is taking.  Unfortunately, it is not quite ready for me.

Thanks and good luck to all.
Jim

From: [hidden email]

From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

> NOTICE: You are using a community driven open source project. If you
> do not have developers in house or on contract that can fix this sort
> of thing then be prepared to be very patient. There are people
> constantly working on issues, but many times without any sponsorship
> or pay, so they have to choose carefully where effort goes and how
> issues are prioritized.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:03 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Not for me it doesn't.
> > Here's the error I get.
> > The Following Errors Occurred:
> >
> > The address(es) used for tax calculation did not have State/
> > Province or Country values set, so we cannot determine the taxes to
> > charge.
> > And I have confirmed the address(es) do contain STate/Province or
> > Country values.
> >
> > This has been EXTREMELY frustrating. Everytime I think we're
> > getting close, I encounter another obstacle or problem. I've tried
> > two version and so far I have yet to find one that's stable and
> > actually works without some sort of problem.
> >
> > I don't mean to be negative just telling what I've experienced.
> >
> > Jim
> > From: Daniel Kunkel
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Quick Checkout works great...
> > >
> > > I'm looking at taking out all of the Checkout links for the time
> > being.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > can

Jim,

I appreciate your feedback. As much as I wish this what not the case,
it is an unfortunate side-effect of the current nature and structure
of OFBiz. There are a lot of active projects on it changing,
improving, and fixing things in all different parts of the project,
but the software is still very much in development and only certain
limited parts are mature, and even those parts sometimes get
contributions that cause problems...

So, as I mentioned before it is hard to use OFBiz right now unless
you have people on staff or on contract that can help solve problems,
and even without the problems that's often required to help
effectively apply the software.

I think for many like you OFBiz is not ready for what you want. I'm
sorry to hear that you don't have the resources to get it there for
you, or perhaps the case is you found something which works better
for your case, which of course happens and if so that's great.

-David

On Jan 15, 2006, at 10:59 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the input and assistance in the past few
> weeks.  Unfortunately I was forced into not using Ofbiz.  In my
> experience (along with others) and giving it days and days of
> research, testing, etc., I could not find a "stable" version.  Yes,
> Sequoia has what they call a stable version, but I tested and
> worked with many versions including the latest build, but could not
> find one that did not continuously  have problems.
>
> I do believe your system has potential, I like the foundation and
> the direction it is taking.  Unfortunately, it is not quite ready
> for me.
>
> Thanks and good luck to all.
> Jim

> From: [hidden email]
> Thats a very valid point and I do agree with you.  I really like
> the OFBiz System, potential features, etc., but I'm in the process
> of deciding if it's mature and stable enough for my business.

> From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>
>

> > NOTICE: You are using a community driven open source project. If you
> > do not have developers in house or on contract that can fix this
> sort
> > of thing then be prepared to be very patient. There are people
> > constantly working on issues, but many times without any sponsorship
> > or pay, so they have to choose carefully where effort goes and how
> > issues are prioritized.
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:03 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > > Not for me it doesn't.
> > > Here's the error I get.
> > > The Following Errors Occurred:
> > >
> > > The address(es) used for tax calculation did not have State/
> > > Province or Country values set, so we cannot determine the
> taxes to
> > > charge.
> > > And I have confirmed the address(es) do contain STate/Province or
> > > Country values.
> > >
> > > This has been EXTREMELY frustrating. Everytime I think we're
> > > getting close, I encounter another obstacle or problem. I've tried
> > > two version and so far I have yet to find one that's stable and
> > > actually works without some sort of problem.
> > >
> > > I don't mean to be negative just telling what I've experienced.
> > >
> > > Jim
> > > From: Daniel Kunkel

> > > being.

> so I
> > > can

Andrew Sykes
Jim,

It would be interesting to hear what you chose in preference to OFBiz...
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

Adrian Crum
I'm a little puzzled by your evaluation. We're using a modified version of OFBiz
here and we're not having any stability problems.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the input and assistance in the past few weeks.
> Unfortunately I was forced into not using Ofbiz.  In my experience
> (along with others) and giving it days and days of research, testing,
> etc., I could not find a "stable" version.  Yes, Sequoia has what they
> call a stable version, but I tested and worked with many versions
> including the latest build, but could not find one that did not
> continuously  have problems.
>
> I do believe your system has potential, I like the foundation and the
> direction it is taking.  Unfortunately, it is not quite ready for me.
>
> Thanks and good luck to all.
> Jim

David,
Thanks for the reply and your previous assistance.
My business partner and I have a startup company and as such are limited in time, resources and finances.  We really feel that OFbiz has the potential to fit us perfectly and as a result spent much more time than we should have getting it production ready.  Due to our immediate needs, we were forced to move onto something else that we currently have production ready.
That's not to say we won't re-evaluate Ofbiz some time in the future.
Good luck and again thanks for your help.
Take care.
Jim

From: "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

ajedwardsjr
Andrew,

I can say, we really wanted to run Ofbiz and still do, but our pressing needs forced us to use something we can get running and at least take care of some of our core functionality.

We went with oscommerce - not exactly what we want or need - but solves our urgent requirement and works.

Thanks and once I get through the crunch, I do intent to spend more time on Ofbiz - just can't now.

Thanks again.
Jim

From: Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

> Jim,
>
> It would be interesting to hear what you chose in preference to OFBiz...
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes
> Sykes Development Ltd

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

Andrew Sykes
Jim,

I'm sorry to hear you've had to abandon OFBiz.

Perhaps you could look at using Contegix (OFBiz hosting partner) to set
up OFBiz for you. That would give you a massive headstart and allow you
to focus on the functionality you need rather than all the other issues
involved in just getting OFBiz going.

Best of luck with it all.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - Tax Parameters on ofbiz_6471

Where is that bug report you were going to put on sourceforge?  I could
not replicate the error you claim to have found in the stable version.

Si

[hidden email] wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the input and assistance in the past few
> weeks.  Unfortunately I was forced into not using Ofbiz.  In my
> experience (along with others) and giving it days and days of
> research, testing, etc., I could not find a "stable" version.  Yes,
> Sequoia has what they call a stable version, but I tested and worked
> with many versions including the latest build, but could not find one
> that did not continuously  have problems.
>
> I do believe your system has potential, I like the foundation and the
> direction it is taking.  Unfortunately, it is not quite ready for me.
>
> Thanks and good luck to all.
> Jim

Si,

I didn't claim it to be a bug.  You asked me to enter it as a bug report, so I assume it is.  I haven't had the chance to enter it but will if you still want me to.

Thanks.
Jim

From: Si Chen <[hidden email]>

> Where is that bug report you were going to put on sourceforge? I could
> not replicate the error you claim to have found in the stable version.
>
> Si
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Thanks to everyone for the input and assistance in the past few
> > weeks. Unfortunately I was forced into not using Ofbiz. In my
> > experience (along with others) and giving it days and days of
> > research, testing, etc., I could not find a "stable" version. Yes,
> > Sequoia has what they call a stable version, but I tested and worked
> > with many versions including the latest build, but could not find one
> > that did not continuously have problems.
> >
> > I do believe your system has potential, I like the foundation and the
> > direction it is taking. Unfortunately, it is not quite ready for me.
> >
> > Thanks and good luck to all.
> > Jim

> > From: [hidden email]
> > Thats a very valid point and I do agree with you. I really like
> > the OFBiz System, potential features, etc., but I'm in the process
> > of deciding if it's mature and stable enough for my business.

> > From: "David E. Jones"
> >

> > > NOTICE: You are using a community driven open source
> > project. If you
> > > do not have developers in house or on contract that can fix
> > this sort
> > > of thing then be prepared to be very patient. There are people
> > > constantly working on issues, but many times without any
> > sponsorship
> > > or pay, so they have to choose carefully where effort goes
> > and how
> > > issues are prioritized.
> > >
> > > -David

> > taxes to