Users - Who has invented Widget Concept in Ofbiz

Users - Who has invented Widget Concept in Ofbiz

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hello,

Can anybody of you tell me who has invented this screen,form,menu widget concept ???
I really like working in widget concept.

Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Users - Who has invented Widget Concept in Ofbiz

BJ Freeman
David and Andy.
they started with widgets a couple of years ago about this time of year.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 5/29/2006 3:06 AM:

> Hello,
>
>  Can anybody of you tell me who has invented this screen,form,menu widget concept ???
>  I really like working in widget concept.
>
>  Thanks & Regards
>  Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Users - Who has invented Widget Concept in Ofbiz

David E. Jones

Well, a little more David than Andy (he did a lot of other stuff in OFBiz, but not really much on the widgets)... Actually Al Byers helped with the implementation quite a bit and added a few new features, and pretty much implemented the Menu and Tree widgets with just a bit of design help from me. So, Al was actually more involved than Andy on these ones.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> David and Andy.
> they started with widgets a couple of years ago about this time of year.
>
> Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 5/29/2006 3:06 AM:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  Can anybody of you tell me who has invented this screen,form,menu widget concept ???
>>  I really like working in widget concept.
>>
>>  Thanks & Regards
>>  Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Users - Who has invented Widget Concept in Ofbiz

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
David,

Its always been comfortable for me in working with widgets.
Its really awesome and really enhanced work that you introduced in ofbiz.
Due to the large usage of widgets in ofbiz the project is becoming more and more error free and that's
the most important aspect of Enterprise application in the competitive market.

I always think that you always tries your best too make this product more and more flexible for developer and end user(and i really appreciate your efforts David)....offcourse the credit also goes to the rest of committer's tooo.After a long period of time i realized the actual streangth of the Ofbiz.There is no dought that ofbiz is excellent peace of enterprise application framework.

In my opinion there is lack of documentation and the documentaion is not properly organized and it is distributed all over the different websites and its the right time to organize all the documentation for the enhanced usage of framework worldwide.

Anyway David,Andy and all the Ofbizians are doing great job for making this framework unique and awesome.

All the best to all of you.

Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya