Users - check out on Digital Good

Hao Jiang-4
After I setup a product as "Digital Good", on the front store I add it
to the cart then do the checkout, the first page is payment selection,
skip shipping address and options, which make sense. But I can't
continue because I get the error:

 The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province
 or Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.

I've read that someone had the same problem but in POS system. I think
I've done all the configuration, if I change the product as "Finished
Good", every thing is fine.

Is this a bug, or I miss something?

Thanks

Hao

Re: Users - check out on Digital Good

Daniel Kunkel
Hi Hao

What version of software are you using?  That sounds like a bug that was
fixed quite a while ago.

Thanks

Daniel

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 12:20 -0600, Hao Jiang wrote:

> After I setup a product as "Digital Good", on the front store I add it
> to the cart then do the checkout, the first page is payment selection,
> skip shipping address and options, which make sense. But I can't
> continue because I get the error:
>
>  The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province
>  or Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.
>
> I've read that someone had the same problem but in POS system. I think
> I've done all the configuration, if I change the product as "Finished
> Good", every thing is fine.
>
> Is this a bug, or I miss something?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Daniel

*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-
Have a GREAT Day!

Daniel Kunkel           [hidden email]
BioWaves, LLC           http://www.BioWaves.com
14150 NE 20th St. Suite F1
Bellevue, WA 98007
800-734-3588    425-895-0050
http://www.Apartment-Pets.com  http://www.Focus-Illusion.com
http://www.Brain-Fun.com       http://www.ColorGlasses.com
*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-

Re: Users - check out on Digital Good

Hao Jiang-4
The latest. I checkout a fresh copy from svn, ran with demo data, found
this error as well.

Thanks

Hao

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:26 -0700, Daniel Kunkel wrote:

> Hi Hao
>
> What version of software are you using?  That sounds like a bug that was
> fixed quite a while ago.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel
>

> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 12:20 -0600, Hao Jiang wrote:
> > After I setup a product as "Digital Good", on the front store I add it
> > to the cart then do the checkout, the first page is payment selection,
> > skip shipping address and options, which make sense. But I can't
> > continue because I get the error:
> >
> >  The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province
> >  or Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.
> >
> > I've read that someone had the same problem but in POS system. I think
> > I've done all the configuration, if I change the product as "Finished
> > Good", every thing is fine.
> >
> > Is this a bug, or I miss something?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hao

Re: Users - check out on Digital Good

Hao Jiang-4
Spent some time on this issue, looks like the problem is on

public GenericValue getBillingAddress(GenericDelegator delegator) {}
in  org/ofbiz/order/shoppingcart/ShoppingCart.java,

It supposes to get billing address according to the payment method, in
case no shipping address has been set. But it never return a valid
address

Hao