Users - comments please - manufacturing accounting

Re: Users - comments please - manufacturing accounting

Si Chen-2
It looks good to me :)

Si

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
Hi all,

in rev 7255 I've committed the two new entities to support the work
effort costing as discussed in this thread: are they ok?

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

Jacopo,

Pretty much agree with you on all points.  See my minor coments.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

Si,

yes, this is very good!

To summarize:

# WorkEffortCostCalculation
   * workEffortId (pk)
   * costComponentTypeId (pk)
   * costComponentCalcId (pk)
   * fromDate (pk)
   * thruDate

I don't think costComponentCalcId also needs to be a PK.

# CostComponentCalcId
   * costComponentCalcId (pk)
   * costGlAccountTypeId
   * offsettingGlAccountTypeId
   * fixedCost
   * variableCost
   * perMilliSecond
   * currencyUomId
   * costCustomMethodName (points to CustomMethod)

This looks good.  So the idea is we look in costCustomMethodId (I think
it should be an "ID" because it foreign-keys to an "ID" field?) and if
it's there, returns the total cost and per unit cost from there.

There was to be another hook from WorkEffort for a costCustomMethodId
which would call the method and get the unitCost for InventoryItem.
That would allow all of these costs to be called.

About FixedAssetStdCost and FixedAssetStdCostType: I think that we
should remove these entities and I'll have to patch the service that
auto creates the products' standard costs to look at the new entities
instead.

I know so little about those entities, I really couldn't say.  If you
think so and nobody disagrees, then that makes sense.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

Eureka!  Why don't we normalize the relationship so that there is a
CostComponentCalc entity with primary key costComponentCalcId and all
the fields for calculations and a WorkEffortCostCalculation entity which
just links workEffortId, costComponentTypeId, fromDate, thruDate, and
costComponentCalcId?  That way the same cost calculation formulas can be
used for many work efforts, and we don't have to bring in a separate
relationship to fixed asset?

Si