[Users]creating seed data xml.

Danmeet Bali-2

Hi ,

            Can anybody suggest a way to create a seed data xml if I
have data in my tables. I am using Oracle 9i.

            Do we have any utility in the webtools.

Regards ,

Danmeet Bali

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: [Users]creating seed data xml.

Andrew Sykes
Danmeet,

You can export XML using the "XML export" link in /webtools, if you know
what entities you can, you can simply select these, or if you know what
the earliest modification you want to include is, select some or all and
add a date modified since date.

Hope that helps you.
-Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: [Users]creating seed data xml.

not clear on what you want.
are you wanting to export your data in Oracle to and entity XML?
I believe there is a Java driver for Oracle, you can connect it as a
second or third database to ofbiz and set the delagator and say MyOracle.
Then map your oracle to ofbiz.  lot of work unless your Oracle is live
and being updated all the time, from other sources.

Danmeet Bali sent the following on 6/29/2006 7:18 AM:

> Hi ,
>

>             Can anybody suggest a way to create a seed data xml if I
> have data in my tables. I am using Oracle 9i.
>
>             Do we have any utility in the webtools.
>

> Regards ,
>

> Danmeet Bali
>

> ============================================================================================================================
>
> Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.
>

> Disclaimer:
>

> The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.
>

> This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
>
> ============================================================================================================================

Re: [Users]creating seed data xml.

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
You can use Webtools XML Data Export utility.
 And if you know about the entity in which your data is present then you can select those entities in the list specified below.

 Specify the directory where you want to export this files.This exported XML files can be directly used for Seed data.

 Thanks and Regards
 Ashish Vijaywargiya

 Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

RE: [Users]creating seed data xml.

Danmeet Bali-2

Thanks Ashish , Andrew

Regards ,

[...]