Users - cutting up a search result ?

oceatoon
Hi
I'm Looking through the Product Search Module because I'll have to
show the results, cut up in 4 main categories (these are my main top level categories).
But I opened up the Search Box and found it quite complex and full of interesting directions, so before digging into all this maybe I could get some experienced advice on my idea.

I'd like to leave the usual search engine process as it is, and do post event processing on the resulted products by creating category specific HapMaps for each of my 4 main categories in the keywordSearch.bsh.
Is this a good way to go ?

Thanks for you thougths
Tibor

Re: Users - cutting up a search result ?

Sterling Okura

Hi Tibor,

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to do.  Is it sorting the search results into categories after the query but before being displayed?   If so, you should be able to use CategoryWorker.filterProductsInCategory(delegator, resultList, categoryId) for each of the four categories.

Warm regards,

sterling

Re: Users - cutting up a search result ?

oceatoon
Thanks for your answer Sterling

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.  Is it sorting the search results into categories after the query but before being displayed?

I have  4 master categories , and when a search on the whole catalog is made returning numerous results these shall be presented  in a 4 section presentation (one for each master category). My question is should I do the sorting by category in the search or should I leave the search as it is and  do the cut up in the bsh ?

If so, you should be able to use CategoryWorker.filterProductsInCategory(delegator, resultList, categoryId) for each of the four categories.

Very interesting but I think now is time to learn how to apply the method  within the search bsh and present it :-)

Thanks for the advice
Regards
Tibor

Re: Users - cutting up a search result ?

Adrian Crum
Doing anything in BeanShell is extremely slow. Sort the catagories using the
entity engine or a Java service.

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Sterling
>
>     I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.  Is it sorting
>     the search results into categories after the query but before being
>     displayed?
>

> I have  4 master categories , and when a search on the whole catalog is
> made returning numerous results these shall be presented  in a 4 section
> presentation (one for each master category). My question is should I do
> the sorting by category in the search or should I leave the search as it
> is and  do the cut up in the bsh ?
>
>     If so, you should be able to use
>     CategoryWorker.filterProductsInCategory(delegator, resultList,
>     categoryId) for each of the four categories.
>
> Very interesting but I think now is time to learn how to apply the
> method  within the search bsh and present it :-)
>
> Thanks for the advice
> Regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - cutting up a search result ?

oceatoon
Thanks for the advice Adrian
it seems I'll have to go back into the java anyway because  of the structure of the Map
Regards
Tibor