Users - difference list or default price ?

Users - difference list or default price ?

oceatoon
Hello

I'm trying to understand the difference between a list price and a default price on a product ?

Thanks
Tibor

Re: Users - difference list or default price ?

Andrew Sykes
Tibor,

A list price is used for promotional/discount calculations.

default is just default.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - difference list or default price ?

Gerald Kraus
tibor,

in the ofbiz basic production setup guide there is some good information
about prices. afaik it is around p.34.

in my own words:
a default price is displayed when no price rules apply.
the list price is often used in price calculations for a product. eg.
the manufacturer of a product provides you a list price for his
products. you can use this list price to calculate the prices for your
customers.

hth,
gerald

On Mar 03, 2006 04:38 PM, tibor katelbach <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to understand the difference between a list price and a
> default
> price on a product ?
>
> Thanks
> Tibor

Re: Users - difference list or default price ?

oceatoon
It also seems to be used for the groupStoreId price when different prices are applied for different stores, I still haven't been able to see this work but probably because my two stores have different currencies.

Thanks for the help
Tibor