Users - financials module is ready for testing

Users - financials module is ready for testing

Si Chen-2
Hi everybody.

We've put together the new financials module, and you can now get the
code and test it out.  Please see
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php

We've also set up all the project tracking and bug reporting tools.
There is some documentation already, and we'll be trying to update them
to reflect the developments taking place right now.

Thanks!

Si

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

BJ Freeman
I tried to access the SVN string from Eclipse and could not.
I also notice there is a space in the url. I tried it both ways.
any hints would be appreciated.

BTW thanks for the great work to all that participated.

Si Chen sent the following on 2/24/06 4:39 PM:

> Hi everybody.
>
> We've put together the new financials module, and you can now get the
> code and test it out.  Please see
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php
>
> We've also set up all the project tracking and bug reporting tools.
> There is some documentation already, and we'll be trying to update them
> to reflect the developments taking place right now.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Si

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

Si Chen-2
What is the SVN string you are trying?

BJ Freeman wrote:

>I tried to access the SVN string from Eclipse and could not.
>I also notice there is a space in the url. I tried it both ways.
>any hints would be appreciated.
>
>BTW thanks for the great work to all that participated.
>
>Si Chen sent the following on 2/24/06 4:39 PM:
>

>>Hi everybody.
>>
>>We've put together the new financials module, and you can now get the
>>code and test it out.  Please see
>>http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php
>>
>>We've also set up all the project tracking and bug reporting tools.
>>There is some documentation already, and we'll be trying to update them
>>to reflect the developments taking place right now.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Si

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

BJ Freeman
http://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
which works with ofbiz svn.
also tried
https://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials

Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 6:40 AM:

> What is the SVN string you are trying?
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>

>>I tried to access the SVN string from Eclipse and could not.
>>I also notice there is a space in the url. I tried it both ways.
>>any hints would be appreciated.
>>
>>BTW thanks for the great work to all that participated.
>>
>>Si Chen sent the following on 2/24/06 4:39 PM:
>>

>>>Hi everybody.
>>>
>>>We've put together the new financials module, and you can now get the
>>>code and test it out.  Please see
>>>http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/accounting.php
>>>
>>>We've also set up all the project tracking and bug reporting tools.
>>>There is some documentation already, and we'll be trying to update them
>>>to reflect the developments taking place right now.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>
>>>Si

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

Si Chen-2
BJ,

The checkout is via svn:// not http://, as in

svn co svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials

See the accounting.php page at our site.

Si

BJ Freeman wrote:

>http://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>which works with ofbiz svn.
>also tried
>https://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>
>Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 6:40 AM:
>

>>What is the SVN string you are trying?
>>
>>BJ Freeman wrote:
>>

>>>I tried to access the SVN string from Eclipse and could not.
>>>I also notice there is a space in the url. I tried it both ways.
>>>any hints would be appreciated.
>>>
>>>BTW thanks for the great work to all that participated.
>>>
>>>Si Chen sent the following on 2/24/06 4:39 PM:

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

BJ Freeman
LOL.. thanks.
I thought I tried that first.
Works.

Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 7:00 AM:

> BJ,
>
> The checkout is via svn:// not http://, as in
>
> svn co svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>
> See the accounting.php page at our site.
>
> Si
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>

>>http://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>which works with ofbiz svn.
>>also tried
>>https://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>
>>Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 6:40 AM:
>>

>>>What is the SVN string you are trying?

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

BJ Freeman
oops.
I can get to the trunk
svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/
but not the finacials
svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
I get an error message bad URL passed to RA layer.
plus I don't see it in the trunk.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 2/27/06 7:17 AM:

> LOL.. thanks.
> I thought I tried that first.
> Works.
>
> Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 7:00 AM:
>
>>BJ,
>>
>>The checkout is via svn:// not http://, as in
>>
>>svn co svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>
>>See the accounting.php page at our site.
>>
>>Si
>>

>>BJ Freeman wrote:
>>

>>>http://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>>which works with ofbiz svn.
>>>also tried
>>>https://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>>
>>>Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 6:40 AM:

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

Si Chen-2
You are checking out the trunk of the financials module into a
financials/ directory on your computer.

What is the exact error message?

Also, what is the version of svn client you are using?  It needs to be a
current version--RH9, for example, shipped subversion 0.13 or something
which will not work.  It would give "RA layer" errors.

Si

BJ Freeman wrote:

>oops.
>I can get to the trunk
>svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/
>but not the finacials
>svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>I get an error message bad URL passed to RA layer.
>plus I don't see it in the trunk.
>

>BJ Freeman sent the following on 2/27/06 7:17 AM:
>

>>LOL.. thanks.
>>I thought I tried that first.
>>Works.
>>
>>Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 7:00 AM:
>>

>>>BJ,
>>>
>>>The checkout is via svn:// not http://, as in
>>>
>>>svn co svn://svn.opensourcestrategies.com/financials/trunk/ financials
>>>
>>>See the accounting.php page at our site.
>>>
>>>Si

Re: Users - financials module is ready for testing

BJ Freeman
Ah thanks.
it was the finacials directory I missed.

Si Chen sent the following on 2/27/06 7:26 AM: