Users - jasper reports

Nate Reed-2
I'm wondering how Jasper has been used within OfBiz.

How interactive are the reports generated by Jasper?  For example, let's
say I want to present some data in a paged table.  There should be a way
to sort on columns, and certain fields should be hyperlinked to pages in
my application.  Ideally, it would be possible to specify the tables and
columns as well as search criteria, without having to write very much
code, and to be able to present the results using a custom template
that "consumes" the results from some reporting engine.  Does Jasper
enable this?

Thanks,
Nate

Re: Users - jasper reports

Si Chen-2
We are phasing otu JasperReports due to its license incompatibility with
Apache.  I'm not sure what will be the new "standard" reporting tool in
OFBiz, BIRT or Pentaho.

Si

Nate Reed wrote:

>I'm wondering how Jasper has been used within OfBiz.
>
>How interactive are the reports generated by Jasper?  For example, let's
>say I want to present some data in a paged table.  There should be a way
>to sort on columns, and certain fields should be hyperlinked to pages in
>my application.  Ideally, it would be possible to specify the tables and
>columns as well as search criteria, without having to write very much
>code, and to be able to present the results using a custom template
>that "consumes" the results from some reporting engine.  Does Jasper
>enable this?
>
>Thanks,
>Nate

Re: Users - jasper reports

John Liston
> We are phasing otu JasperReports due to its license incompatibility with Apache.

Remove "JasperReports" from the OFBiz home page, then?

I did some searching and see some indications of LGPLed Enhydra components in OFBiz. What is the status of those?

-- John

Re: Users - jasper reports

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi John,

you can see the status of our effort here:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=LibrariesIncludedInOFBiz

Jacopo