Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

oceatoon
Hi

I would like to use the screen, widgets, bsh, and ftl to generate an xml
output
but I can't seem to find any samples nore header settings for this sort
of process.
is this possible ?

Thanks for your thoughts
Tibor

Re: Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi tibor,

Yeah man there is great tuturial provided by Mr. Si Chen....
You can check out this link :
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php

And do the Hello World1,2,3 example then you would be able to figure out the whole process.
And please give your thx to Si.(Because he is doing sooo nice in opensourcestrategies site)

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

oceatoon
Hi Ashish
Thanks for the answser
but I can't see where Si Chen generates XML out of a screen-widget, in
the hello tutorials ?
it's mainly forms and html responses.

Thanks for your help

By the way I didn't upgrade my freemarker and the pluggin and completion
works great.

Tibor

Ashish Vijaywargiya a écrit :

> Hi tibor,
>
> Yeah man there is great tuturial provided by Mr. Si Chen....
> You can check out this link :
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php
>
> And do the Hello World1,2,3 example then you would be able to figure out the
> whole process.
> And please give your thx to Si.(Because he is doing sooo nice in
> opensourcestrategies site)
>
> Regards
> Ashish

180 Rue Réné Laennec
Res les Pins , Bat M
34090 Montpellier
France

Mobil : 0033-660756657
Home : 033- 467405929

site : www.open-atlas.org
email & gtalk : [hidden email]
msn : [hidden email]
yahoo : [hidden email]
skype : oceatoon
ICQ : 104346615

Re: Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

oceatoon
I manage to generate the xml and see my content ,
but how do I change the header mimetype to xml/text ? it's allways in
html ??
Thanks
Tibor

Ashish Vijaywargiya a écrit :

> Hi tibor,
>
> Yeah man there is great tuturial provided by Mr. Si Chen....
> You can check out this link :
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php
>
> And do the Hello World1,2,3 example then you would be able to figure out the
> whole process.
> And please give your thx to Si.(Because he is doing sooo nice in
> opensourcestrategies site)
>
> Regards
> Ashish

180 Rue Réné Laennec
Res les Pins , Bat M
34090 Montpellier
France

Mobil : 0033-660756657
Home : 033- 467405929

site : www.open-atlas.org
email & gtalk : [hidden email]
msn : [hidden email]
yahoo : [hidden email]
skype : oceatoon
ICQ : 104346615

Re: Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

David E. Jones

Is this something returned from an HTTP request through the ControlServlet? If so then on the view-map element in the controller.xml file you need to set the mime-type.

-David

[hidden email] wrote:

> I manage to generate the xml and see my content ,
> but how do I change the header mimetype to xml/text ? it's allways in
> html ??
> Thanks
> Tibor
>
> Ashish Vijaywargiya a écrit :
>> Hi tibor,
>>
>> Yeah man there is great tuturial provided by Mr. Si Chen....
>> You can check out this link :
>> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php
>>
>> And do the Hello World1,2,3 example then you would be able to figure out the
>> whole process.
>> And please give your thx to Si.(Because he is doing sooo nice in
>> opensourcestrategies site)
>>
>> Regards
>> Ashish

Re: Users - generating an xml file output file with screen widgets ?

oceatoon
Hi David
thanks for the answer

Is this something returned from an HTTP request through the ControlServlet? If so then on the view-map element in the controller.xml file you need to set the mime-type.

yes  that's exactly where text/html is hard coded (ControlServlet.doGet)
I would like to set the mime-type in th controller.xml to allow text/xml output from a file build with freemarker.
I thought it could simply be a setContentType in the freemarker generation but it seems logical to have it in the controller.xml.

could you please just put me on a track
to how I could set up a mimetype attribute in a controller's view-map line ?
would you know how  I could add handling of an attribute in
<view-map mimetype="text/xml"

Thanks for your help
Tibor