Users - german characters

Rupinder Singh Mazara
hi all

  i noticed the following behaviour in the popup "Lookup Party by Name"
search

 if i search for firstname contains ü  ü being the german umluat U,
 i get to see a list of parties , with a result of 284 entries, if i try
to select next
 ( the url looks like
https://localhost:8080/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=1
)

But then the query changes to firstname "%C3%83%C2%BC" ,
https://rmazara.masterfile.com:8443/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%83%C2%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=0

has anyone encountered this type of error or knows a way around it

Re: Users - german characters

Rupinder Singh Mazara
just to complete my statement that
i get a no result found error and the character formally known as
%C3%83%C2%BC"
becomes even more contorted

Rupinder Singh Mazara wrote:

> hi all
>
>   i noticed the following behaviour in the popup "Lookup Party by Name"
> search
>
>  if i search for firstname contains ü  ü being the german umluat U,
>  i get to see a list of parties , with a result of 284 entries, if i try
> to select next
>  ( the url looks like
> https://localhost:8080/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=1
> )
>
> But then the query changes to firstname "%C3%83%C2%BC" ,
> https://rmazara.masterfile.com:8443/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%83%C2%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=0
>
> has anyone encountered this type of error or knows a way around it

Re: Users - german characters

Jacopo Cappellato
Yes,

this is a known issue: http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-861

As you can see from the comments attached to the issue, we have not
still found a good solution for this; the best thing we can probably do
is to move all the uri parameters to form's parameters.

Jacopo

Rupinder Singh Mazara wrote:

> just to complete my statement that
> i get a no result found error and the character formally known as
> %C3%83%C2%BC"
> becomes even more contorted
>

> Rupinder Singh Mazara wrote:
>> hi all
>>
>>   i noticed the following behaviour in the popup "Lookup Party by Name"
>> search
>>
>>  if i search for firstname contains ü  ü being the german umluat U,
>>  i get to see a list of parties , with a result of 284 entries, if i try
>> to select next
>>  ( the url looks like
>> https://localhost:8080/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=1
>> )
>>
>> But then the query changes to firstname "%C3%83%C2%BC" ,
>> https://rmazara.masterfile.com:8443/partymgr/control/LookupPartyName?lastName_op=equals&partyId_op=equals&groupName_op=equals&noConditionFind=Y&firstName_op=contains&firstName=%C3%83%C2%BC&VIEW_SIZE=20&VIEW_INDEX=0
>>
>> has anyone encountered this type of error or knows a way around it

Re: Users - german characters

Rupinder Singh Mazara
hi jacopo

Thank you for your reply