Users - help need regarding search from database.

Users - help need regarding search from database.

rakesh verma
hi

i want to perform a search on first 1000 data from a
database then on the next 1000 data and so on.

how i can do this in ofbiz . plz help.

thanx in advance

Re: Users - help need regarding search from database.

Andrew Sykes
Rakesh,

There are various methods on the GenericDelegator that return an
EntityListIterator.

You can then use EntityListIterator.getPartialList()

I hope that helps.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - help need regarding search from database.

rakesh verma
hi Andrew,

thank you for your great response.

i have used the following line in my code
 EntityListIterator memberListIterator =
delegator.findListIteratorByCondition(dynamicViewEntity,memberSearchCondition,null,null,orderByField,entityFindOptions);
This memberListIterator will return more than 100
thousand data(I dont know the exact number since at
present i am dummy database).
will i  get memeory bound exeception for this.

Please help me out.

thanks in advance.

regards

rakesh verma

--- Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rakesh,
>
> There are various methods on the GenericDelegator
> that return an
> EntityListIterator.
>
> You can then use EntityListIterator.getPartialList()
>
> I hope that helps.
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - help need regarding search from database.

Andrew Sykes
Rakesh,

I believe this is memory safe, in other words it uses the ResultSet
cursor. So you shouldn't have any problems.

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 05:07 +0100, rakesh verma wrote:

> hi Andrew,
>
> thank you for your great response.
>
> i have used the following line in my code
>  EntityListIterator memberListIterator =
> delegator.findListIteratorByCondition(dynamicViewEntity,memberSearchCondition,null,null,orderByField,entityFindOptions);
> This memberListIterator will return more than 100
> thousand data(I dont know the exact number since at
> present i am dummy database).
> will i  get memeory bound exeception for this.
>
> Please help me out.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> regards
>
> rakesh verma
>

> --- Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Rakesh,
> >
> > There are various methods on the GenericDelegator
> > that return an
> > EntityListIterator.
> >
> > You can then use EntityListIterator.getPartialList()
> >
> > I hope that helps.
> > --
> > Kind Regards
> > Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> > Sykes Development Ltd
> > http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - help need regarding search from database.

rakesh verma
hi Andrew

thanks for your help.