Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

puranisank

Hi,
I connected the sequoiaerp0.8.3 to mysql and created new customer in my name for ecommerce. So, I worked with all process to make an order.Finally I got the order confirmation saying :

"NOTE: This is a DEMO store-front. Orders placed here will NOT be billed, and will NOT be fulfilled."

but I did not get email confirmation. What should be done for email confirmation. Could I get some tips on  this.

Thanks
Purani

Re: Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

BJ Freeman
just a thought.
since sequoia in not in the svn and it different than the base svn, I
suggest the discussion be in the sequoia forum, to redcue confusion.

Si Chen sent the following on 6/15/06 3:56 AM:

> That is a pretty old version.  You can configure emails in the  catalog
> manager > stores > email settings, then turn them on in base/
> config/general.properties by switching on the mail settings.  There  was
> an email bug which was fixed in 0.8.4 and in 0.9.0.  You can do a  diff
> of the applications/content component between 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 to  see
> what the fix is, but basically a sendMail service was not putting  the
> required output parameters in its return context.
>
> Si
>

> On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Purani S wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I connected the sequoiaerp0.8.3 to mysql and created new customer  in
>> my name for ecommerce. So, I worked with all process to make an
>> order.Finally I got the order confirmation saying :
>>
>> "NOTE: This is a DEMO store-front. Orders placed here will NOT be
>> billed, and will NOT be fulfilled."
>>
>> but I did not get email confirmation. What should be done for email
>> confirmation. Could I get some tips on  this.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Purani

Re: Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

puranisank

Thanks Si Chen.
I tried for the emailconfirmation page in opentaps0.9.0.
But, I am not clear how email confirmation is done.
Will I get email to the id I set in
"General.Properties" ?

Thanks
Purani

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 Si Chen wrote :
>That is a pretty old version.  You can configure emails in the  catalog manager > stores > email settings, then turn them on in base/ config/general.properties by switching on the mail settings.  There  was an email bug which was fixed in 0.8.4 and in 0.9.0.  You can do a  diff of the applications/content component between 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 to  see what the fix is, but basically a sendMail service was not putting  the required output parameters in its return context.
>
>Si
>

>On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Purani S wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I connected the sequoiaerp0.8.3 to mysql and created new customer  in my name for ecommerce. So, I worked with all process to make an  order.Finally I got the order confirmation saying :
>>
>>"NOTE: This is a DEMO store-front. Orders placed here will NOT be  billed, and will NOT be fulfilled."
>>
>>but I did not get email confirmation. What should be done for email  confirmation. Could I get some tips on  this.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Purani

Re: Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

puranisank

Yes Si Chen,
I am setting the email in catalog Manager -> Stores -> email settings.
But it is asking for template path.
Could I please know what is this?

Thanks
Purani

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 Si Chen wrote :
>That is a pretty old version.  You can configure emails in the  catalog manager > stores > email settings, then turn them on in base/ config/general.properties by switching on the mail settings.  There  was an email bug which was fixed in 0.8.4 and in 0.9.0.  You can do a  diff of the applications/content component between 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 to  see what the fix is, but basically a sendMail service was not putting  the required output parameters in its return context.
>
>Si
>

>On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Purani S wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I connected the sequoiaerp0.8.3 to mysql and created new customer  in my name for ecommerce. So, I worked with all process to make an  order.Finally I got the order confirmation saying :
>>
>>"NOTE: This is a DEMO store-front. Orders placed here will NOT be  billed, and will NOT be fulfilled."
>>
>>but I did not get email confirmation. What should be done for email  confirmation. Could I get some tips on  this.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Purani

Re: Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

Si Chen-2
That's an FTL file which will be used to generate your email.  See the ones from the demo data for examples.

On Jun 19, 2006, at 3:49 AM, Purani S wrote:

Yes Si Chen,
I am setting the email in catalog Manager -> Stores -> email settings.
But it is asking for template path.
Could I please know what is this?

Thanks
Purani

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 Si Chen wrote :
>That is a pretty old version.  You can configure emails in the  catalog manager > stores > email settings, then turn them on in base/ config/general.properties by switching on the mail settings.  There  was an email bug which was fixed in 0.8.4 and in 0.9.0.  You can do a  diff of the applications/content component between 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 to  see what the fix is, but basically a sendMail service was not putting  the required output parameters in its return context.
>
>Si
>

>On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:42 AM, Purani S wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I connected the sequoiaerp0.8.3 to mysql and created new customer  in my name for ecommerce. So, I worked with all process to make an  order.Finally I got the order confirmation saying :
>>
>>"NOTE: This is a DEMO store-front. Orders placed here will NOT be  billed, and will NOT be fulfilled."
>>
>>but I did not get email confirmation. What should be done for email  confirmation. Could I get some tips on  this.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Purani

Re: Users - how is the email confirmation working in sequoiaerp0.8.3

I don't understand your question.  Have you looked at
general.properties?  The comments should be pretty self-explanatory.

Si