Users - installing ofbiz on virtual private server

Users - installing ofbiz on virtual private server

rohit
hi,

I am unable to install ofbiz in Linux VPS server. my webservers has the following features:

OS--- Red Hat, Fedora Core release-2
Java SDK 1.4.2._11
Tomcat 4.1 (it is using port:8080)
Postgres 7.4
Apache (it is using port:80)
Mysql- 4.11

i have root access to the server have tried to install ofbiz inmany ways but withour success.

I anyone has already installed this on Virtual Private Server, or if anyone knows how to do it, please share your ideas here, i will really appreciate it.

thanks

rohit

Re: Users - installing ofbiz on virtual private server

rohit
Hi again,

Should anyone need more information about the server configuration, please do not hesitate to ask me. i am badly trying to learn to install and use ofiz for my ecommerce website and any help will be welcome.

thanks,

rohit

Rohit Sureka <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

I am unable to install ofbiz in Linux VPS server. my webservers has the following features:

OS--- Red Hat, Fedora Core release-2
Java SDK 1.4.2._11
Tomcat 4.1 (it is using port:8080)
Postgres 7.4
Apache (it is using port:80)
Mysql- 4.11

i have root access to the server have tried to install ofbiz inmany ways but withour success.

I anyone has already installed this on Virtual Private Server, or if anyone knows how to do it, please share your ideas here, i will really appreciate it.

thanks

rohit

Re: Users - installing ofbiz on virtual private server

davidnwelton
> I am unable to install ofbiz in Linux VPS server. my webservers has the
> following features:
>
> OS--- Red Hat, Fedora Core release-2

Sounds pretty outdated.  I was able to run OFBiz just fine an an
Ubuntu 5.10 system.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - installing ofbiz on virtual private server

Andrew Sykes
Rohit,

Can you give us some information about what the errors you are getting
please?

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:40 -0700, Rohit Sureka wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Should anyone need more information about the server configuration,
> please do not hesitate to ask me. i am badly trying to learn to
> install and use ofiz for my ecommerce website and any help will be
> welcome.
>
> thanks,
>
> rohit
>
> Rohit Sureka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         hi,
>
>         I am unable to install ofbiz in Linux VPS server. my
>         webservers has the following features:
>
>         OS--- Red Hat, Fedora Core release-2
>         Java SDK 1.4.2._11
>         Tomcat 4.1 (it is using port:8080)
>         Postgres 7.4
>         Apache (it is using port:80)
>         Mysql- 4.11
>

>         i have root access to the server have tried to install ofbiz
>         inmany ways but withour success.
>
>         I anyone has already installed this on Virtual Private Server,
>         or if anyone knows how to do it, please share your ideas here,
>         i will really appreciate it.
>
>         thanks
>
>         rohit

Kind Regards