Users - invoice - wrong calculation

Schreibmaier Joachim
Hi,

I am using ofbiz since a few weeks and try to adapt the application to my needs.

At the moment I have a problem with the calculation of an invoice amount. An example: I've ordered 5 pieces of a special product with a price per piece of € 39,00. On the invoice the part with the "payments applied" is calculated correctly --> € 195,00. But at the field "invoice amount" € 19.500,00 are calculated. Therefore the invoice can't be balanced. In the configfile general.properties I have the currency.decimal.format ##,###.## .
Is there an easy way to customize the whole application to the Euro-Currency with a correct decimal-format?

Another question: Where can I define taxes for my application or define them for special products?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Joachim

Re: Users - invoice - wrong calculation

David E. Jones

Joachim,

Before going on too much... which version/revision of OFBiz are you using? If it is an older one then it wouldn't surprise me to see this happening.

It looks like something is parsing a number incorrectly somewhere. If there is no bug report in Jira (http://jira.ofbiz.org) for this, there should be one. A few people have been working recently on cleaning up and fixing some of the calculation code and so this may already be on someone's list, but it may not have been noticed yet as I'm not sure if anyone has tested things with this different number formatting. There are people in Europe that use OFBiz, so it may be that someone has already run across this.

-David

Schreibmaier Joachim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ofbiz since a few weeks and try to adapt the application to my needs.
>
> At the moment I have a problem with the calculation of an invoice amount. An example: I've ordered 5 pieces of a special product with a price per piece of € 39,00. On the invoice the part with the "payments applied" is calculated correctly --> € 195,00. But at the field "invoice amount" € 19.500,00 are calculated. Therefore the invoice can't be balanced. In the configfile general.properties I have the currency.decimal.format ##,###.## .
> Is there an easy way to customize the whole application to the Euro-Currency with a correct decimal-format?
>
> Another question: Where can I define taxes for my application or define them for special products?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Joachim

Re: Users - invoice - wrong calculation

Hans Bakker
Joachim,
Currently there is a problem in the field conversion routines when the locale
is not english.

Attached a simple patch which solves this problem, however i am not sure it is
the right solution.

I have send David this patch, however he seem to be very busy at this moment.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

local.patch (802 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Users - invoice - wrong calculation

Schreibmaier Joachim
> Attached a simple patch which solves this problem, however i am not sure
> it is
> the right solution.
>
> I have send David this patch, however he seem to be very busy at this
> moment.

Thanks for your reply. I am working on a Windows 2003 machine. How can I
execute the image. What do I have to do to get this patch working?

I have manually edited the ObjectType.java class. It works but there should
be a way without hardcoding.

Another problem:
When I make a sales order via the pos-terminal and the customer pays cash
the invoice should be balanced. But the whole invoice amount is "open" with
the status ready (approved). Shouldn't be there the status paid when the
customer pays cash?

I am using ofbiz revision no. 6989.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards