Users - is it possible to do this?

Hao Jiang-4
Hello all,

In case to update a DB table entry, the easiest way is using "FORM"
widget and "auto-attribute" from this entity. But now I want that which
field to show up and update-able will up to another list, this second
list is dynamically created, contains all or part of the fields in first
entity.

Is there an easy way to do this in "FORM" widget?

Thanks

Hao

Users - Multipart Form

BJ Freeman
is there something I don't know about for this.

to make a Multipart form, like the Swing forms, I figured I would make
indiviual screens for each function.
then wrap them in a Box and use CSS  to make them look like they are one
screen.

Re: Users - is it possible to do this?

Right now there is no way to change drop down menus on the fly, but we have done this sort of thing with lookup screens (which are popup windows that result in another server request, thus being able to get more data from the database given another form field value as a parameter).

-David

Hao Jiang wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In case to update a DB table entry, the easiest way is using "FORM"
> widget and "auto-attribute" from this entity. But now I want that which
> field to show up and update-able will up to another list, this second
> list is dynamically created, contains all or part of the fields in first
> entity.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this in "FORM" widget?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Re: Users - is it possible to do this?

Hao Jiang-4
Change the drop down menus on the fly is the thing I tried before, I
think it can be done by using beanshell and form widget in screen
widget, that is, retrieve the list in beanshell, with any kind of
conditions you want, then put this list in context, and in form widget,
the drop down field using this list as selectable values.

What I want is to decide which fields will be visible. In form widget
when use auto attributes from an entity, usually all the attributes of
this table will be on the screen, and use <hidden/> tag on a field can
hide it. Now I don't know one field is visible or not in advance, it
depends on another list.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Hao

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 01:03 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:

> Right now there is no way to change drop down menus on the fly, but we have done this sort of thing with lookup screens (which are popup windows that result in another server request, thus being able to get more data from the database given another form field value as a parameter).
>
> -David
>

> Hao Jiang wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > In case to update a DB table entry, the easiest way is using "FORM"
> > widget and "auto-attribute" from this entity. But now I want that which
> > field to show up and update-able will up to another list, this second
> > list is dynamically created, contains all or part of the fields in first
> > entity.
> >
> > Is there an easy way to do this in "FORM" widget?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hao

Re: Users - is it possible to do this?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Hao,

yes you can do this.
Simply do not use the auto-attribute element and just put field
definitions in the form for the fields that you want to display from the
list.

Jacopo

Hao Jiang wrote:

> Change the drop down menus on the fly is the thing I tried before, I
> think it can be done by using beanshell and form widget in screen
> widget, that is, retrieve the list in beanshell, with any kind of
> conditions you want, then put this list in context, and in form widget,
> the drop down field using this list as selectable values.
>
> What I want is to decide which fields will be visible. In form widget
> when use auto attributes from an entity, usually all the attributes of
> this table will be on the screen, and use <hidden/> tag on a field can
> hide it. Now I don't know one field is visible or not in advance, it
> depends on another list.
>
> Can I do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao
>

> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 01:03 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:
>> Right now there is no way to change drop down menus on the fly, but we have done this sort of thing with lookup screens (which are popup windows that result in another server request, thus being able to get more data from the database given another form field value as a parameter).
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Hao Jiang wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> In case to update a DB table entry, the easiest way is using "FORM"
>>> widget and "auto-attribute" from this entity. But now I want that which
>>> field to show up and update-able will up to another list, this second
>>> list is dynamically created, contains all or part of the fields in first
>>> entity.
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to do this in "FORM" widget?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Hao

Re: Users - is it possible to do this?

Hao Jiang-4
Thanks Jacopo,

It seems no easy way to do this

What I want is, for example a table "ProductPrice" like this

productId       price1     price2    price3
1               1.00       1.00      1.00
2               2.00       2.00      2.00

Another table "T2" like this
productId     priceField
1             price1
1             price2
2             price3

Before I can update the prices of one product, I should look at the "T2"
table first, in this case, for product1, only price1 and price2 are
update-able, and for product2 only the price3

The reason I want to use "auto-fields-entity" of "ProductPrice" entity
is because
1, I want old value to display
2. I want to use the data type of each fields in "ProductPrice" entity,
that will be easy for me to do some error check

Regards

Hao