Users - more mod_jk advice needed

byersa
I have read the wiki entry on the use of mod_jk, but I was hoping that
someone(s) might be willing to share a little more of their expertise.
The workers(2).properties file seems to be rather straightforward. I
need some advice on configuring apache2 to use mod_jk. Some of my
questions are:

1. Is mod_jk or mod_jk2 the best way to go.

2. The examples on the web assume that there is a tomcat dir when
building either mod_jk or mod_jk2. Can you share your build scripts?

3. What needs to be done within /etc/apache2 to turn things on? Do you
need to manually make entries in mods-available and mods-enabled or do
you have them auto configured.

Of course, this info would be a great thing to put back in the wiki and
I will do it if it shows up here.

Thanks for any help.

-Al

Re: Users - more mod_jk advice needed

From: "Al Byers" <[hidden email]>

> I have read the wiki entry on the use of mod_jk, but I was hoping that
> someone(s) might be willing to share a little more of their expertise.
> The workers(2).properties file seems to be rather straightforward. I
> need some advice on configuring apache2 to use mod_jk. Some of my
> questions are:
>
> 1. Is mod_jk or mod_jk2 the best way to go.

I don't know much about it. But I read that mod_jk is a safer way to go.

Re: Users - more mod_jk advice needed

byersa
I got it working and put what I learned at:

http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=Mod_jk_config