Users - order pdf garbled

Mark Mantarro

I’m on SVN 6494 and the order pdf layout has been garbled.  If you open an order in PDF it overlays the company address and the order header info in the upper right corner.  I updated orderView.fo.ftl to the newest SVN and it still exists.  Still not too comfortable with this .ftl code to know how to change.  This also happens with the demo data….

Any thoughts,

Mark

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Daniel Kunkel
Hi Mark

We had the same problem, and ended up modifying the source file to meet
our needs.

Is this the same issue?  If so...  does this fix it?

==

An excerpt from a conversation with Hans Bakker:

> > This can be corrected fairly easily:
> > in: companyHeader.fo.ftl  on line 29 change the 'height' setting.
> >

> > to make the order more readable change orderView.fo.ftl around line
50:

> >                 <fo:table-cell>
> > ${screens.render
("component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#C
> >ompanyLogo")} </fo:table-cell>
> >                 <fo:table-cell/>   <!-- this line is added,add more
if
> > req --> <fo:table-cell>
> >                   <fo:table>
> >
> > Please note that the company header is also used to create the pdf
of the
> > invoice in the new accounting system.
> >
> > regards,
> > Hans
> >
> > On Thursday 12 January 2006 15:58, Daniel Kunkel wrote:
> > > Hi Hans
> > >
> > > Been working with Si, and he suggested I talk with you about a bug
in> > the order pdf generator...

> > > Took me a while to track it down to this, but:

> > > it

and yet
in> > > the pdf.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:12 -0500, Mark Mantarro wrote:

> I’m on SVN 6494 and the order pdf layout has been garbled.  If you
> open an order in PDF it overlays the company address and the order
> header info in the upper right corner.  I updated orderView.fo.ftl to
> the newest SVN and it still exists.  Still not too comfortable with
> this .ftl code to know how to change.  This also happens with the demo
> data….
>

> Any thoughts,
>

> Mark

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Si Chen-2
Daniel,

Can  you send your changes in as a patch?

Also, if Hans is reading this--I think the logo is not working either.

Si

Daniel Kunkel wrote:

>Hi Mark
>
>We had the same problem, and ended up modifying the source file to meet
>our needs.
>
>Is this the same issue?  If so...  does this fix it?
>
>==
>
>An excerpt from a conversation with Hans Bakker:
>

>>>This can be corrected fairly easily:
>>>in: companyHeader.fo.ftl  on line 29 change the 'height' setting.
>>>

>>>to make the order more readable change orderView.fo.ftl around line
>>>

>50:
>

>>>                <fo:table-cell>
>>>${screens.render
>>>

>("component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#C
>

>>>ompanyLogo")} </fo:table-cell>
>>>                <fo:table-cell/>   <!-- this line is added,add more
>>>

>if
>

>>>req --> <fo:table-cell>
>>>                  <fo:table>
>>>
>>>Please note that the company header is also used to create the pdf
>>>

>of the
>

>>>invoice in the new accounting system.
>>>
>>>regards,
>>>Hans

>in> > the order pdf generator...

>size

>the

>and yet

>inches...

>in> > > the pdf.

>On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:12 -0500, Mark Mantarro wrote:
>

>>I’m on SVN 6494 and the order pdf layout has been garbled.  If you
>>open an order in PDF it overlays the company address and the order
>>header info in the upper right corner.  I updated orderView.fo.ftl to
>>the newest SVN and it still exists.  Still not too comfortable with
>>this .ftl code to know how to change.  This also happens with the demo
>>data….
>>

>>Any thoughts,
>>

>>Mark

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Daniel Kunkel
Hi

I would have, but we ended up removing the graphic completely, hard
coding our address, changing margins and reorganizing the layout...  so
I pretty much guessed it would be worthless to the community.

However, in the name of sharing changes in case they are a good start
for another's efforts...

orderpdf.patch is attached.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 10:33 -0800, Si Chen wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> Can  you send your changes in as a patch?
>
> Also, if Hans is reading this--I think the logo is not working either.
>
> Si
>
> Daniel Kunkel wrote:
>
> >Hi Mark
> >
> >We had the same problem, and ended up modifying the source file to meet
> >our needs.
> >
> >Is this the same issue?  If so...  does this fix it?
> >
> >==
> >
> >An excerpt from a conversation with Hans Bakker:

> >50:

> >("component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#C

> >if

> >of the

> >in> > the order pdf generator...

> >size

> >the

> >and yet

> >inches...

> >in> > > the pdf.

> >On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:12 -0500, Mark Mantarro wrote:
> >

> >>I’m on SVN 6494 and the order pdf layout has been garbled.  If you
> >>open an order in PDF it overlays the company address and the order
> >>header info in the upper right corner.  I updated orderView.fo.ftl to
> >>the newest SVN and it still exists.  Still not too comfortable with
> >>this .ftl code to know how to change.  This also happens with the demo
> >>data….
> >>

> >>Any thoughts,
> >>

> >>Mark

orderpdf.patch (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Mark Mantarro
Thanks...  I also figured out the logo thing earlier.  I just inserted the
<fo:table-cell/> code before line 50.  While this cleans up the PDF, it
removes the Order Header info.. Order id, etc...

Did I miss something?  Do you get the order number somewhere else on the
pdf?

Thanks
Mark

We had the same problem, and ended up modifying the source file to meet
our needs.

Is this the same issue?  If so...  does this fix it?

==

An excerpt from a conversation with Hans Bakker:

> > This can be corrected fairly easily:
> > in: companyHeader.fo.ftl  on line 29 change the 'height' setting.
> >

> > to make the order more readable change orderView.fo.ftl around line
50:

> >                 <fo:table-cell>
> > ${screens.render
("component://order/widget/ordermgr/OrderPrintForms.xml#C
> >ompanyLogo")} </fo:table-cell>
> >                 <fo:table-cell/>   <!-- this line is added,add more
if
> > req --> <fo:table-cell>
> >                   <fo:table>
> >
> > Please note that the company header is also used to create the pdf
of the
> > invoice in the new accounting system.
> >
> > regards,
> > Hans
> >
> > On Thursday 12 January 2006 15:58, Daniel Kunkel wrote:
> > > Hi Hans
> > >
> > > Been working with Si, and he suggested I talk with you about a bug
in> > the order pdf generator...

> > > Took me a while to track it down to this, but:

> > > it

and yet
in> > > the pdf.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:12 -0500, Mark Mantarro wrote:

> I'm on SVN 6494 and the order pdf layout has been garbled.  If you
> open an order in PDF it overlays the company address and the order
> header info in the upper right corner.  I updated orderView.fo.ftl to
> the newest SVN and it still exists.  Still not too comfortable with
> this .ftl code to know how to change.  This also happens with the demo
> data..
>

> Any thoughts,
>

> Mark

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Daniel Kunkel
Hi

Did I miss something?  Do you get the order number somewhere else on the
pdf?

I don't think so...  If it's the same thing that we tried, it seemed to
make the Sales order line, date, number etc disappear, probably by
having other commands or the header graphic overwrite it, or by forcing
the header information off one side of the page.

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:43 -0500, Mark Mantarro wrote:

> Thanks...  I also figured out the logo thing earlier.  I just inserted the
> <fo:table-cell/> code before line 50.  While this cleans up the PDF, it
> removes the Order Header info.. Order id, etc...
>
> Did I miss something?  Do you get the order number somewhere else on the
> pdf?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Re: Users - order pdf garbled

Mark Mantarro
Yes,
We are on the same page, if you add the table cell code, it seems to bump
the order header info, status, etc... off the page.

Sooo, you have a nice clean return address in the upper right corner, but
you don't know the order status or order number anymore....

I was hoping for a solution that kept both items on the page....

back to trying to figure out this .ftl stuff....

Mark