Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2
hi all,

is it possible to keep the product images somewhere outside of the ofbiz
directories via symbolic links or some other way?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - product images directory

Andrew Sykes
Fred,

It's possible to configure a 'content prefix' which allow you to move
images and such like elsewhere.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2

thanx Andrew, but how does one go about doing that :)

Andrew Sykes wrote:

>Fred,
>
>It's possible to configure a 'content prefix' which allow you to move
>images and such like elsewhere.

Re: Users - product images directory

David E. Jones

Check out the Basic Production Setup Guide.

-David

On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> thanx Andrew, but how does one go about doing that :)
>

> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>
>> Fred,
>>
>> It's possible to configure a 'content prefix' which allow you to move
>> images and such like elsewhere.

Re: Users - product images directory

Andrew Sykes
Fred,

You can set content prefixes in the catalog application.

and in framework/webapp/config/url.properties, you'll see a block like
this...

# Static Content URLs to make it easy to move the serving load for
static content to other machines
# -- thse are for general content such as images, js & css files, or
non-dynamic HTML files
content.url.prefix.secure=
content.url.prefix.standard=

I hope that helps.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2

I kinda figured it was this file but I still have no clue as to what the
values should be.

basically all I want to do is symlink the webapp/images/products to
somewhere else

Andrew Sykes wrote:

>Fred,
>
>You can set content prefixes in the catalog application.
>
>and in framework/webapp/config/url.properties, you'll see a block like
>this...
>
># Static Content URLs to make it easy to move the serving load for
>static content to other machines
># -- thse are for general content such as images, js & css files, or
>non-dynamic HTML files
>content.url.prefix.secure=
>content.url.prefix.standard=
>
>I hope that helps.

Re: Users - product images directory

Andrew Sykes
Fred,

Using the config file you can add a subdomain to the images url and
therefor serve them from an entirely different server.

Using the content application (sorry I said catalog before by mistake),
you can configure your website to use content prefixes, this means that
all content will be created and referenced in /images/yourprefix. You
can then simply create a symlink in /images.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2

It seems this will make me move ALL the content and not just images and
maybe even have to have an external web server handle it.

Andrew Sykes wrote:

>Fred,
>
>Using the config file you can add a subdomain to the images url and
>therefor serve them from an entirely different server.
>
>Using the content application (sorry I said catalog before by mistake),
>you can configure your website to use content prefixes, this means that
>all content will be created and referenced in /images/yourprefix. You
>can then simply create a symlink in /images.

Re: Users - product images directory

Andrew Sykes
Fred, there are 2 options...

option 1
> >Using the config file you can add a subdomain to the images url and
> >therefor serve them from an entirely different server.

option 2
> >Using the content application (sorry I said catalog before by mistake),
> >you can configure your website to use content prefixes, this means that
> >all content will be created and referenced in /images/yourprefix. You
> >can then simply create a symlink in /images.

Sounds like you're looking for option2, I suggest you experiment with
this one.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2

did that. added a prefix of   /images/scprods    tail the access log an see....

GET /images/scprods/images/calendar1.js     (I want this to stay where it supposed to and not prefixed)
GET /images/scprods/images/products/thu/LFVV.JPG    (This is the ONLY directory I want moved)

and using the prefix this way will allow me to "symlink" just the products images directory and leave everything else as is.

Andrew Sykes wrote:
Fred, there are 2 options...

option 1

Using the config file you can add a subdomain to the images url and
therefor serve them from an entirely different server.

option 2

Using the content application (sorry I said catalog before by mistake),
you can configure your website to use content prefixes, this means that
all content will be created and referenced in /images/yourprefix. You
can then simply create a symlink in /images.

Sounds like you're looking for option2, I suggest you experiment with
this one.

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2

It turns out that it is possible to symlink image directories the way I
want to.

edit
framework/catalina/src/org/ofbiz/catalina/container/CatalinaContainer.java

in
protected Context createContext(ComponentConfig.WebappInfo appInfo)
throws ContainerException

add
context.setDocBase(location);
context.setAllowLinking(true);

symlink away

Fred Forester wrote:

> did that. added a prefix of   /images/scprods    tail the access log an see....
>
> GET /images/scprods/images/calendar1.js     (I want this to stay where it
> supposed to and not prefixed)
> GET /images/scprods/images/products/thu/LFVV.JPG    (This is the ONLY directory
> I want moved)
>
> and using the prefix this way will allow me to "symlink" just the products
> images directory and leave everything else as is.
>

> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>
>>Fred, there are 2 options...
>>
>>option 1

>>option 2

>>Sounds like you're looking for option2, I suggest you experiment with
>>this one.

Re: Users - product images directory

David E. Jones

Fred,

Yes, I think that is a good idea. I made a change to add that in rev 7208.

-David

Fred Forester wrote:

> It turns out that it is possible to symlink image directories the way I
> want to.
>
> edit
> framework/catalina/src/org/ofbiz/catalina/container/CatalinaContainer.java
>
> in
> protected Context createContext(ComponentConfig.WebappInfo appInfo)
> throws ContainerException
>
> add
> context.setDocBase(location);
> context.setAllowLinking(true);
>

> symlink away
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>> did that. added a prefix of   /images/scprods    tail the access log an see....
>>
>> GET /images/scprods/images/calendar1.js     (I want this to stay where it
>> supposed to and not prefixed)
>> GET /images/scprods/images/products/thu/LFVV.JPG    (This is the ONLY directory
>> I want moved)
>>
>> and using the prefix this way will allow me to "symlink" just the products
>> images directory and leave everything else as is.
>>

>> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>>
>>> Fred, there are 2 options...
>>>
>>> option 1

>>> option 2

>>> Sounds like you're looking for option2, I suggest you experiment with
>>> this one.

Re: Users - product images directory

Fred Forester-2
excellent. thanx a bunch

David E. Jones wrote:

> Fred,
>
> Yes, I think that is a good idea. I made a change to add that in rev 7208.
>
> -David
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>>It turns out that it is possible to symlink image directories the way I
>>want to.
>>
>>edit
>>framework/catalina/src/org/ofbiz/catalina/container/CatalinaContainer.java
>>
>>in
>>protected Context createContext(ComponentConfig.WebappInfo appInfo)
>>throws ContainerException
>>
>>add
>>context.setDocBase(location);
>>context.setAllowLinking(true);
>>

>>symlink away
>>

>>Fred Forester wrote:
>>
>>>did that. added a prefix of   /images/scprods    tail the access log an see....
>>>
>>>GET /images/scprods/images/calendar1.js     (I want this to stay where it
>>>supposed to and not prefixed)
>>>GET /images/scprods/images/products/thu/LFVV.JPG    (This is the ONLY directory
>>>I want moved)
>>>
>>>and using the prefix this way will allow me to "symlink" just the products
>>>images directory and leave everything else as is.

Users - POS update (svn 7207)

Hi POS users,

When updating to 7207 you may have a conflict in
applications/pos/screens/default/includes/numeric.xml

It's easily resolved :

1) delete applications/pos/screens/default/includes/numeric.xml
2) svn up applications/pos/screens/default/includes/numeric.xml