Users - rapid item entry

Walter Vaughan
Does anyone know of something that can be put into the hot-deploy folder to
supply a rapid ordering form kinda like

https://www1.fishersci.com/ordering/rapidorder.jsp

I guess that's something I have missed in learning so far. Is there a place to
test features that are not in the SVN directory?

--
Walter

Re: Users - rapid item entry

Andrew Sykes
Walter,

This looks like the QuickAdd functionality to me.

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:55 -0400, Walter Vaughan wrote:
> Does anyone know of something that can be put into the hot-deploy folder to
> supply a rapid ordering form kinda like
>
> https://www1.fishersci.com/ordering/rapidorder.jsp

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - rapid item entry

Walter Vaughan
Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Walter,
>
> This looks like the QuickAdd functionality to me.
>
> On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:55 -0400, Walter Vaughan wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know of something that can be put into the hot-deploy folder to
>>supply a rapid ordering form kinda like
>>
>>https://www1.fishersci.com/ordering/rapidorder.jsp

I have only seen that functionality (quickadd) work in the demos as a pre
determined list of products to be added to the shopping cart. Can it configured
to act as a data entry screen for a list of product numbers? Is there some
setting or place I missed where this is available?

Walter

Re: Users - rapid item entry

Andrew Sykes
Walter,

You can configure the contents of the quickadd category from
the /catalog component.

If you want to actually enter productIds, there's nothing to stop you
creating an interface to do that, it shouldn't be too difficult.

There's also something similar, though a lot more complicated in /order
--> Order Entry.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - rapid item entry

you can have the exact looking interface, but creating a form widget.
that is a daunting, but doable task as a first project.
I suggest you poke around the shopping cart widgets to get an idea of
what is involved.
you can find most widgets in the widgets folder for each application or
framework component.

Walter Vaughan sent the following on 6/8/06 4:25 AM:

> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>

>>Walter,
>>
>>This looks like the QuickAdd functionality to me.
>>
>>On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:55 -0400, Walter Vaughan wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone know of something that can be put into the hot-deploy folder to
>>>supply a rapid ordering form kinda like
>>>
>>>https://www1.fishersci.com/ordering/rapidorder.jsp
>

> I have only seen that functionality (quickadd) work in the demos as a pre
> determined list of products to be added to the shopping cart. Can it configured
> to act as a data entry screen for a list of product numbers? Is there some
> setting or place I missed where this is available?

> Walter

Re: Users - rapid item entry

Andrew Sykes
Walter,

I'd agree, one health warning about the form widget approach (I'm sure
BJ will agree with this). If you're looking to do anything particularly
fancy with the HTML, you may want to stick to ftl to save yourself
formatting difficulties.

But as BJ said this is certainly do-able.

- Andrew

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 07:04 -0700, BJ Freeman wrote:

> you can have the exact looking interface, but creating a form widget.
> that is a daunting, but doable task as a first project.
> I suggest you poke around the shopping cart widgets to get an idea of
> what is involved.
> you can find most widgets in the widgets folder for each application or
> framework component.
>
> Walter Vaughan sent the following on 6/8/06 4:25 AM:
> > Andrew Sykes wrote:
> >

> >>Walter,
> >>
> >>This looks like the QuickAdd functionality to me.

> > I have only seen that functionality (quickadd) work in the demos as a pre
> > determined list of products to be added to the shopping cart. Can it configured
> > to act as a data entry screen for a list of product numbers? Is there some
> > setting or place I missed where this is available?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Walter

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - rapid item entry

BJ Freeman
Andrew, I took care of most formatting by adding new CSS classes. I did
this in a separate CSS file so that updates to the code would not wipe
out what I have done.

Andrew Sykes sent the following on 6/8/06 7:28 AM: