Users - spezialised application overwrites request in other application (?)

Users - spezialised application overwrites request in other application (?)

Anna  Schietz
hi,

I’m trying to create an ecommerce application with OfBiz as an university
project. I'm new to OfBiz and unfortunately my experience with java based
web applications is also rather basic (which could also be a “small” problem
here.. but well.. I’m learning…).
My problem is no real problem because I figured out how to solve it but I
want to understand why this happens because it seems to be something quite
basic and important:

- When I do not load the the opentravelsystem in the component-load.xml I
can submit an order in the ecommerce component and everything works fine.
- When I load the opentravelsystem, I cannot submit an order (neither from
my own application which I develop in the specialized folder nor from the
ecommerce application) because in the last step (request “processorder”)
some errors occur. The first one is

Service [createInvoiceOfbiz] threw an unexpected exception/error
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Error running simple method [createInvoice] in XML file
[org/ofbiz/accounting/invoice/InvoiceServicesExt.xml]:  (Could not find
SimpleMethod XML document in resource:
org/ofbiz/accounting/invoice/InvoiceServicesExt.xml)

The only place in the source where InvoiceServicesExt.xml is referenced is
in the services.xml of the opentravelsystem in the service
createInvoiceOfbiz. The service createInvoiceOfbiz is called by the service
createInvoice in the services.xml of the opentravelsystem. But I don’t know
where this createInvoice service is called.

-->So I’m wondering….
Where is the connection between ecommerce/control/processorder and  the
opentravelsystem createInvoice? I can’t find it..
How/why does the opentravelsystem affect the ecommerce application? Is there
a request overwritten, how does this work?

Is there a place where I can learn more about stuff like this or is there
just “learning by doing”? I’ve been reading the docs for a couple of weeks
now but I’m not making as much progress as I would want to.

I’m working with IntelliJ idea and I’m trying to figure this out via
debugging, but, well.. it didn’t work, I get confused (I can’t step through
all the xml or bsh files as I could through java code, which makes things
difficult for me) and can’t find out where things happen and why they do
what they do.

Maybe you could give me some hints?
thanks a lot!!

Anna

Re: Users - Digital Product in ecommerce

Anna  Schietz
I'm also very interested in this topic (I want to make images available for
download). I found a couple of older threads about digital download,
giftcards,.. but they all end with something being not implemented yet,
someone getting error messages and so on.

Is there already a way to do *really* do this?

>In the ecommerce application:

>I am trying without success to create a downloadable product.
>Can someone enumerate the different steps to do this?

Re: Users - spezialised application overwrites request in other application (?)

Hans Bakker
Yes this is intentional.

The opentravelsystem overrides some services. However they were designed in
such a way that the changes only become active if the login partyId has also
an entry in the partyAcctgPreference table.
If that is not the case, the services should work as normal....

A problem could be however is that the opentravelsystem makes use of the new
accounting system.....and that system is not present in the open source
version....that is why the InvoiceServicesExt.xml file is missing....I did
not try this but you could change that to InvoiceServices.xml in the
accounting application....

Concerning stepping throught the xml code is not possible only stepping
through the java code which excutes the xml code....

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Friday 20 January 2006 19:53, [hidden email] wrote:

> hi,
>
> I’m trying to create an ecommerce application with OfBiz as an university
> project. I'm new to OfBiz and unfortunately my experience with java based
> web applications is also rather basic (which could also be a “small”
> problem here.. but well.. I’m learning…).
> My problem is no real problem because I figured out how to solve it but I
> want to understand why this happens because it seems to be something quite
> basic and important:
>
> - When I do not load the the opentravelsystem in the component-load.xml I
> can submit an order in the ecommerce component and everything works fine.
> - When I load the opentravelsystem, I cannot submit an order (neither from
> my own application which I develop in the specialized folder nor from the
> ecommerce application) because in the last step (request “processorder”)
> some errors occur. The first one is
>
> Service [createInvoiceOfbiz] threw an unexpected exception/error
> Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
> Message: Error running simple method [createInvoice] in XML file
> [org/ofbiz/accounting/invoice/InvoiceServicesExt.xml]:  (Could not find
> SimpleMethod XML document in resource:
> org/ofbiz/accounting/invoice/InvoiceServicesExt.xml)
>
> The only place in the source where InvoiceServicesExt.xml is referenced is
> in the services.xml of the opentravelsystem in the service
> createInvoiceOfbiz. The service createInvoiceOfbiz is called by the service
> createInvoice in the services.xml of the opentravelsystem. But I don’t know
> where this createInvoice service is called.
>
> -->So I’m wondering….
> Where is the connection between ecommerce/control/processorder and  the
> opentravelsystem createInvoice? I can’t find it..
> How/why does the opentravelsystem affect the ecommerce application? Is
> there a request overwritten, how does this work?
>
> Is there a place where I can learn more about stuff like this or is there
> just “learning by doing”? I’ve been reading the docs for a couple of weeks
> now but I’m not making as much progress as I would want to.
>
> I’m working with IntelliJ idea and I’m trying to figure this out via
> debugging, but, well.. it didn’t work, I get confused (I can’t step through
> all the xml or bsh files as I could through java code, which makes things
> difficult for me) and can’t find out where things happen and why they do
> what they do.
>

> Maybe you could give me some hints?
> thanks a lot!!
>
> Anna

Re: Users - Digital Product in ecommerce

The rumors are true that there are some things in place for this to
handle different paths through the order processing and fulfillment
processes. It is also true that there are some things in place to
handle the purchase of access to content through the content
component, but for automatically granting access to basic downloads
to my knowledge nothing generic exists. Depending on what you are
trying to do various things are needed, like a page to see all
available purchased content for download, and so on. There are
actually some services in the content component that can be used for
permission restricted access to download of data (text or binary)
behind a Content record.

There are some sites that I know of that have custom things for doing
these sorts of things, even the Undersun OFBiz documentation site is
a variation of this stuff, but there is nothing really generic to be
used out of the box. Read: some coding will be required.

-David