Users - storeOrder.partyId missing

Sterling Okura

I have a baffling error. After upgrade to recent SVN some orders are going through fine, but a few are having an error calling the StoreOrder service (within CheckOutHelper) because it’s grabbing a null partyId from cart.  I can’t see any pattern to it.  Most orders go through ok, but some don’t.  I’ve checked the visit logs and there seems to be no pattern in the checkout process where the cart could be losing the partyId.

Has anyone encountered similar problems? Any ideas?

Thank you!

sterling

Users - using conten widgets -> getting errort

BJ Freeman
copied the content man, common screens, and menu xml
getting an error when renerdering the menu, it can find the root of my
application.
the Commonscreen loads upto calling the menu.xml

any hints what i am messing.

Re: Users - storeOrder.partyId missing

Sterling Okura

Hi Si, thanks for checking sir.  I was unable to find a pattern.  Most orders went through, but a few would lose the partyId.  All are logged in, some were new customers some existing.  Some had successful orders before, some where first time.

I did finally find the fix.  When switching the screen-widgets out with the old cart ftl’s, I accidentally lost the preprocesser and after-login entries for updating the cart.  I added them back and no more of those mysterious occasional errors.

Thank you sir!

sterling

Re: Users - storeOrder.partyId missing

Sterling Okura

In the ecommerce webapp controller.xml I added the following entry to both the <preprocessor> and the <after-login> sections:

<event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.ShoppingCartEvents" invoke="keepCartUpdated"/>

This entry wasn’t in the old 3.0 version of the controller, but apparently needed for the latest version.

Re: Users - Componet::// give error for new applicatons was using conten widgets -> getting errort

Ok traced this done to get componetconfig()
there is a todo that says this will blow up if not getting information
from loaded containers.
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-888
I am sure there is a list somewhere that has all the current components,
since the same code work for those application
Just have not found it.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 5/16/06 8:19 PM: