Users - web-based File Browser

mohammed arafat
Hi

I am working on an OFBiz based project, Now I need to provide a web-based file browser.

In the application, user clicks a link which will open a web-page with a list of all files in a specific folder (may be his document root, default folder for the type of data he is handling,). User can create, rename, delete, copy, past, upload,   download and other file/ folder operations may be needed.

This folder access must have privilege-based security, based on the role or a password.

Now how to build that using OFBiz Framework? or do you know an open source one that can be integrated with OFBiz.?

I know two possible tools
Jsp File Browser

jfm – File Manager web application

I am not sure If this is the right way or I miss something?
Any ideas?

regards
Mohamed Arafat

Re: Users - web-based File Browser

Charles Johnson-4
You need an applet for that. Try

http://jupload.sourceforge.net/index.html

CJ

mohammed arafat wrote:

> Hi
> I am working on an OFBiz based project, Now I need to provide a
> web-based file browser.
> In the application, user clicks a link which will open a web-page with
> a list of all files in a specific folder (may be his document root,
> default folder for the type of data he is handling,). User can create,
> rename, delete, copy, past, upload, download and other file/ folder
> operations may be needed.
> This folder access must have privilege-based security, based on the
> role or a password.
> Now how to build that using OFBiz Framework? or do you know an open
> source one that can be integrated with OFBiz.?
> I know two possible tools
> *Jsp File Browser*
> http://www.vonloesch.de/jspbrowser.html
> *jfm – File Manager web application*
> https://jfm.dev.java.net/
> I am not sure If this is the right way or I miss something?
> Any ideas?
> regards
> Mohamed Arafat

> PhotoMail
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/PMall/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com>
> - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

Re: Users - web-based File Browser

Charles Johnson-4
(NB my last comments were based on the assumption that you are
interested in local files on the *client* machine. If that's not the
case, please ignore me ;-)

CJ