Users - what will this interface do?

puranisank

Hi,
May I please know what the following interface does in "Services.xml" of order.

<service name="orderNotificationInterface" engine="interface" location="" invoke="">
        <attribute name="orderId" type="String" mode="IN" optional="false"/>
        <attribute name="orderItemSeqId" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
        <attribute name="emailType" type="String" mode="OUT" optional="false"/>
        <attribute name="body" type="String" mode="OUT" optional="true"/>
        <attribute name="sendTo" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
        <attribute name="sendCc" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
        <attribute name="note" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
    </service>

Thanks
Purani

Re: Users - what will this interface do?

David E. Jones

Purani,

Have you considered reading through the documentation? The new framework introduction videos might also be particularly helpful for you. This sort of question is fairly simple once you've gone through the various options and intentions in the OFBiz framework.

-David

Purani S wrote:

> Hi,
> May I please know what the following interface does in "Services.xml" of
> order.
>
> <service name="orderNotificationInterface" engine="interface"
> location="" invoke="">
>         <attribute name="orderId" type="String" mode="IN" optional="false"/>
>         <attribute name="orderItemSeqId" type="String" mode="IN"
> optional="true"/>
>         <attribute name="emailType" type="String" mode="OUT"
> optional="false"/>
>         <attribute name="body" type="String" mode="OUT" optional="true"/>
>         <attribute name="sendTo" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
>         <attribute name="sendCc" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
>         <attribute name="note" type="String" mode="IN" optional="true"/>
>     </service>
>
> Thanks
> Purani
>

> <http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/signature-home.htm/1507191490@Middle5?PARTNER=3>

Users - Framework introduction videos

I finally took the time to entirely watch the framework introduction videos. I
think this will be very helpful for new comers.

Thank you David for that !

Re: Users - Framework introduction videos

Jacopo Cappellato
I too found the time to watch the videos during the last weekend; they
are excellent and I've learned some new interesting things (for example
how to manage status transitions in form widgets).
Thanks David, they are a must for everyone that wants to quickly learn
how to customize/implement OFBiz.

Jacopo

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> I finally took the time to entirely watch the framework introduction videos. I
> think this will be very helpful for new comers.
>
> Thank you David for that !

Re: Users - Framework introduction videos

> I too found the time to watch the videos during the last weekend; they
> are excellent and I've learned some new interesting things (for example
> how to manage status transitions in form widgets).
> Thanks David, they are a must for everyone that wants to quickly learn
> how to customize/implement OFBiz.

Yes, I think (ie propose) that while answering questions from new comers we
should verify that they have read (or at least have at hand) the OFBiz Basic
Production Setup Guide and have made the
"Framework introduction videos tour".

They will lose less time and so we ;o)

Jacques

> Jacopo
>

> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > I finally took the time to entirely watch the framework introduction videos.

> > think this will be very helpful for new comers.
> >
> > Thank you David for that !

Re: Users - Framework introduction videos

Andrew Sykes
Jacques,

I'm not sure about "verify", but at least "advise" them to do so.

- Andrew

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 12:30 +0200, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> > I too found the time to watch the videos during the last weekend; they
> > are excellent and I've learned some new interesting things (for example
> > how to manage status transitions in form widgets).
> > Thanks David, they are a must for everyone that wants to quickly learn
> > how to customize/implement OFBiz.
>
> Yes, I think (ie propose) that while answering questions from new comers we
> should verify that they have read (or at least have at hand) the OFBiz Basic
> Production Setup Guide and have made the
> "Framework introduction videos tour".
>
> They will lose less time and so we ;o)
>
> Jacques
>

> > Jacopo
> >

> > Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> > > I finally took the time to entirely watch the framework introduction videos.
> > > think this will be very helpful for new comers.
> > >
> > > Thank you David for that !

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Framework introduction videos

> Jacques,
>
> I'm not sure about "verify", but at least "advise" them to do so.

Right Andrew, verify was not the word.