Users - when is Debug.logError() called

puranisank

I need urgent help in knowing when Debug.logError(String, String) called?

why do we explicitly call this in try catch block?

Thanks and regards
Purani

Re: Users - when is Debug.logError() called

Andrew Sykes
Purani,

Not sure I understand your question, but Debug.logError is called to,
er, log errors!?...

It uses log4j, so it has all the advantages of a proper logging system,
rather than using System.out.println();

Does that answer the question?

- Andrew

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 09:28 +0000, Purani S wrote:

> I need urgent help in knowing when Debug.logError(String, String)
> called?
>
> why do we explicitly call this in try catch block?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Purani

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - when is Debug.logError() called

in webtools you can set the debug level.
if this is turn on then you will see these in the log file.
not sure why you would want a debug if it was not an error, so they are
in a try/catch.
you have info also so if you want to know what is going one you can turn
that on as well.

Purani S sent the following on 6/20/06 2:28 AM: