Users - where should the currency be changed

Users - where should the currency be changed

puranisank

Hi,
Could anyone please tell me which files should be modified to change the currency symbol from Can$ to CAD.
I changed "currency.properties" file. But it showed no effect.

Regards
Purani

Re: Users - where should the currency be changed

framework/common/config/general.properties
   currency.uom.id.default

But *please* Purani before asking such questions at least take a look at http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf

It's on Table of contents (p.2)  and say p.16

Hope you get my message

Jacques

Re: Users - where should the currency be changed

puranisank

Thanks Jacques. I did the changes as said. But still I get the same result.

Purani

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 Jacques Le Roux wrote :
>framework/common/config/general.properties
>    currency.uom.id.default
>
>But *please* Purani before asking such questions at least take a look at http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
>
>It's on Table of contents (p.2)  and say p.16
>
>Hope you get my message
>
>Jacques

Sorry I did not make enough searches to understand clearly your problem.

Did you notice the first line that at the top of "currency.properties" file : "# Currency details: Generated file - do not edit!" ?

If somebody could help here will be appreciate...

Thanks Jacques. I did the changes as said. But still I get the same result.

Purani

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 Jacques Le Roux wrote :

>framework/common/config/general.properties
>    currency.uom.id.default
>
>But *please* Purani before asking such questions at least take a look at http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
>
>It's on Table of contents (p.2)  and say p.16
>
>Hope you get my message
>
>Jacques

yes, I noticed the line. This file contains "CADsymbol=Can$". I tried changing that line with the value 'CAD'. But still I get the same old result with 'Can$'.

Purani

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 Jacques Le Roux wrote :

>Sorry I did not make enough searches to understand clearly your problem.
>
>Did you notice the first line that at the top of "currency.properties" file : "# Currency details: Generated file - do not edit!" ?
>
>If somebody could help here will be appreciate...
>
>Thanks
>
>Jacques

cjhowe
Assuming that that was the correct file to change,
have you restarted ofbiz?

*.properties files are loaded at startup, so if you
change them, you need to restart ofbiz.

==============Purani wrote:
yes, I noticed the line. This file contains
"CADsymbol=Can$". I tried changing that line with the
value 'CAD'. But still I get the same old result with
'Can$'.

Purani

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 Jacques Le Roux wrote :

>Sorry I did not make enough searches to understand
clearly your problem.

>Did you notice the first line that at the top of
"currency.properties" file : "# Currency details:
Generated file - do not edit!" ?

>If somebody could help here will be appreciate...
>
>Thanks
>
>Jacques

I tried it Chris (after a run-install-seed to be sure), no way.

Jacques