Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

Joel Blouin
We have over 60000 customers in OSCommerce that we imported into OfBiz along
with their existing MD5 encrypted passwords, so they can login with their
current password.  The import was the easy part.   We configured OfBiz to
use the same salt and MD5 encryption as OSCommerce, but the passwords do not
work.  What did we miss?  Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel

Re: Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

Please use user ML for such questions http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Mailing+Lists

Check password.encrypt.hash.type in security.properties, it's SHA by default

Jacques

De : "Joel Blouin" <[hidden email]>

> We have over 60000 customers in OSCommerce that we imported into OfBiz along
> with their existing MD5 encrypted passwords, so they can login with their
> current password.  The import was the easy part.   We configured OfBiz to
> use the same salt and MD5 encryption as OSCommerce, but the passwords do not
> work.  What did we miss?  Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Joel

Re: Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

hans_bakker
I have submitted a solution to this problem in Jira:

it is however Lunux based and when a OSCOmmerce password is recognized
but not running under linux, a warning is generated.

shall we include this in the OFBiz trunk? perhaps 'commented out' so it
can be activated? what is the opinion of the community?

this patch makes to transition from OSCommerce much easier....

Regards,
Hans Bakker

--
http://Antwebsystems.com : OFBiz Quality support for competitive rates.

Re: Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

Scott Gray
Didn't notice this thread so I just commented on the issue, I just had a go
with java.security.MessageDigest and it produces the same hash as
OSCommerce.  So I wouldn't put this in the trunk as is because there is no
need for the platform dependency.

Regards
Scott

On 16/11/2007, Hans Bakker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have submitted a solution to this problem in Jira:

> it is however Lunux based and when a OSCOmmerce password is recognized
> but not running under linux, a warning is generated.
>
> shall we include this in the OFBiz trunk? perhaps 'commented out' so it
> can be activated? what is the opinion of the community?
>
> this patch makes to transition from OSCommerce much easier....
>
> Regards,
> Hans Bakker
>

> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 22:48 -0700, Joel Blouin wrote:
> > We have over 60000 customers in OSCommerce that we imported into OfBiz
> along
> > with their existing MD5 encrypted passwords, so they can login with
> their
> > current password.  The import was the easy part.   We configured OfBiz
> > use the same salt and MD5 encryption as OSCommerce, but the passwords do
> not
> > work.  What did we miss?  Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joel
> >

> --
> http://Antwebsystems.com : OFBiz Quality support for competitive rates.

Re: Using OSCommerce Encrypted Password in OfBiz

+1

Jacques

De : "Scott Gray" <[hidden email]>