[VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

[VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
concludes) according to the plan described here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan

The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.

This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on
it is in order before we actually do so.

Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

cjhowe
+1
--- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on
>
> it is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
time the time period will be extended.

-David

David E. Jones wrote:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on it
> is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Scott Gray
+1

On 21/04/07, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on
> it is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

mrisaliti@libero.it
+1

Il giorno 21/apr/07, alle ore 06:19, David E. Jones ha scritto:

> I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
> hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
> time the time period will be extended.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
>> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>>
>> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>>
>> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
>> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>>
>> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

+1

Jacques

De : "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on
> it is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

+1

David E. Jones sent the following on 4/20/2007 8:05 PM:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on it
> is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Andrew Zeneski
In the plan I see no process for tagging. Even though branching and
tagging in SVN are technically the same, its common practice to not
change a tag once it is created. I think we should add one step to
the procedure to tag each actual release from the branch.

The branch for example 4.0 remains the 4.x branch. All patches to
this branch AFTER a release would go into 4.1 or 4.0.1 minor bug
fixes, once the bug fixes are enough to justify a new release of the
4.x series.

Other than that one small comment +1 on creating the branch!

Andrew

On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:19 AM, David E. Jones wrote:

> I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
> hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
> time the time period will be extended.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
>> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>>
>> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>>
>> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
>> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>>
>> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Tim Ruppert
+1

On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Andrew Zeneski wrote:

> In the plan I see no process for tagging. Even though branching and
> tagging in SVN are technically the same, its common practice to not
> change a tag once it is created. I think we should add one step to
> the procedure to tag each actual release from the branch.
>
> The branch for example 4.0 remains the 4.x branch. All patches to
> this branch AFTER a release would go into 4.1 or 4.0.1 minor bug
> fixes, once the bug fixes are enough to justify a new release of
> the 4.x series.
>
> Other than that one small comment +1 on creating the branch!
>
> Andrew
>
> On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:19 AM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
>> hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
>> time the time period will be extended.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>>

>>> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
>>> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
>>>
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>>>
>>> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>>>
>>> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
>>> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>>>
>>> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Anil Patel
+1

On 4/21/07, Tim Ruppert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Andrew Zeneski wrote:
>
> > In the plan I see no process for tagging. Even though branching and
> > tagging in SVN are technically the same, its common practice to not
> > change a tag once it is created. I think we should add one step to
> > the procedure to tag each actual release from the branch.
> >
> > The branch for example 4.0 remains the 4.x branch. All patches to
> > this branch AFTER a release would go into 4.1 or 4.0.1 minor bug
> > fixes, once the bug fixes are enough to justify a new release of
> > the 4.x series.
> >
> > Other than that one small comment +1 on creating the branch!
> >
> > Andrew
> >
> > On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:19 AM, David E. Jones wrote:
> >

> >> I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
> >> hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
> >> time the time period will be extended.
> >>
> >> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Ray Barlow
+1

David E. Jones wrote:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote on
> it is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

Thanks for the reminder Andrew.

I updated the http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
document to create a tag and then get the release from that tag. I
also changed it to use a directory name that corresponds with the
release, ie "apache-ofbiz-4.0.0" rather than just "ofbiz".

-David

On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Andrew Zeneski wrote:

> In the plan I see no process for tagging. Even though branching and
> tagging in SVN are technically the same, its common practice to not
> change a tag once it is created. I think we should add one step to
> the procedure to tag each actual release from the branch.
>
> The branch for example 4.0 remains the 4.x branch. All patches to
> this branch AFTER a release would go into 4.1 or 4.0.1 minor bug
> fixes, once the bug fixes are enough to justify a new release of
> the 4.x series.
>
> Other than that one small comment +1 on creating the branch!
>
> Andrew
>
> On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:19 AM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> I forgot to mention: we will leave this vote open for at least 24
>> hours. If we don't have the requisite 3 PMC votes in favor at that
>> time the time period will be extended.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>>

>>> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
>>> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
>>>
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>>>
>>> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>>>
>>> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
>>> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>>>
>>> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -David

[VOTE][RESULT] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

The vote has passed with the following counts:

+1: 3 binding (David J., Jacopo, Andrew Z.)
     4 non-binding committers (Scott G., Jacques, Tim R., Ray B.)
     4 non-binding other (Chris H., Marco R., BJ F., Anil P.)
+0: 0
-1: 0

Thanks for everyone involved. I'll be doing a quick compile and run
success check and then creating a branch in a few minutes.

-David

On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:

> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the vote
> concludes) according to the plan described here:
>
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>
> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>
> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>
> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

The branch for the 4.0.* series of releases has now been created.

The location of the branch is: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/
branches/release4.0

This means to check it out on the command line you would use
something like:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release4.0 ofbiz

As explained in the Release Plan document we will wait approximately
1 year to create another release branch.

I have also create a new "version" in Jira called "Release Branch
4.0" that should be used when reporting issues that are specific to
this release. A reminder for commiters: if a bug is reported against
this branch please also check for the bug in the trunk and apply the
fix as needed.

For anyone that is interested in helping stabilize this branch,
please do! We would like to have it ready for a production-ready
release in 2-3 months.

-David

On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:45 PM, David E. Jones wrote:

> The vote has passed with the following counts:
>
> +1: 3 binding (David J., Jacopo, Andrew Z.)
>     4 non-binding committers (Scott G., Jacques, Tim R., Ray B.)
>     4 non-binding other (Chris H., Marco R., BJ F., Anil P.)
> +0: 0
> -1: 0
>
> Thanks for everyone involved. I'll be doing a quick compile and run
> success check and then creating a branch in a few minutes.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

>> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
>> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
>>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
>>
>> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
>>
>> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
>> on it is in order before we actually do so.
>>
>> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Anil Patel
David,
Thanks for your time. We'll try to release a like cd ASAP.

Regards
Anil Patel

On 4/23/07, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The branch for the 4.0.* series of releases has now been created.
>
> The location of the branch is: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/
> branches/release4.0
>
> This means to check it out on the command line you would use
> something like:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release4.0 ofbiz
>
> As explained in the Release Plan document we will wait approximately
> 1 year to create another release branch.
>
> I have also create a new "version" in Jira called "Release Branch
> 4.0" that should be used when reporting issues that are specific to
> this release. A reminder for commiters: if a bug is reported against
> this branch please also check for the bug in the trunk and apply the
> fix as needed.
>
> For anyone that is interested in helping stabilize this branch,
> please do! We would like to have it ready for a production-ready
> release in 2-3 months.
>
> -David
>

> On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:45 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>

> > The vote has passed with the following counts:
> >
> > +1: 3 binding (David J., Jacopo, Andrew Z.)
> >     4 non-binding committers (Scott G., Jacques, Tim R., Ray B.)
> >     4 non-binding other (Chris H., Marco R., BJ F., Anil P.)
> > +0: 0
> > -1: 0
> >
> > Thanks for everyone involved. I'll be doing a quick compile and run
> > success check and then creating a branch in a few minutes.
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Apr 20, 2007, at 10:05 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
> >

> >> This is a vote to create a release branch now (or whenever the
> >> vote concludes) according to the plan described here:
> >>
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
> >>
> >> The proposed version number for this release is 4.0.
> >>
> >> This was previously agreed on to happen today, but I think a vote
> >> on it is in order before we actually do so.
> >>
> >> Please vote +1, +0, or -1, and comment as needed.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -David

Re: [VOTE] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

Sounds good Anil. Actually on second thought, I wouldn't worry too
much about it right now, as it will be at least a few weeks before we
even do a pre-release on this, and 2-3 months (hopefully by then)
before we release a production ready variant.

The main purpose of this release branch was to get the stabilization
effort started by anyone interested in participating.

-David

On Apr 23, 2007, at 11:47 PM, Anil Patel wrote:

> David,
> Thanks for your time. We'll try to release a like cd ASAP.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel
>

> On 4/23/07, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The branch for the 4.0.* series of releases has now been created.
>>
>> The location of the branch is: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
>> ofbiz/
>> branches/release4.0
>>
>> This means to check it out on the command line you would use
>> something like:
>>
>> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release4.0
>> ofbiz
>>
>> As explained in the Release Plan document we will wait approximately
>> 1 year to create another release branch.
>>
>> I have also create a new "version" in Jira called "Release Branch
>> 4.0" that should be used when reporting issues that are specific to
>> this release. A reminder for commiters: if a bug is reported against
>> this branch please also check for the bug in the trunk and apply the
>> fix as needed.
>>
>> For anyone that is interested in helping stabilize this branch,
>> please do! We would like to have it ready for a production-ready
>> release in 2-3 months.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:45 PM, David E. Jones wrote:
>>

>> > The vote has passed with the following counts:
>> >
>> > +1: 3 binding (David J., Jacopo, Andrew Z.)
>> >     4 non-binding committers (Scott G., Jacques, Tim R., Ray B.)
>> >     4 non-binding other (Chris H., Marco R., BJ F., Anil P.)
>> > +0: 0
>> > -1: 0
>> >
>> > Thanks for everyone involved. I'll be doing a quick compile and run
>> > success check and then creating a branch in a few minutes.
>> >
>> > -David

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

Shi Yusen
Well done David.

In this week, we'll test the release branch in Windows XP with JDK
1.5.06, MySQL 4.1.7, MS SQLServer 2000 and Oracle 9i, by confirming the
major bugs in JIRA.

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Create Release Branch for Version 4.0

David E Jones

That's great, testing is exactly what we need to get the
stabilization process underway!

-David

On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:28 AM, Shi Yusen wrote:

> Well done David.
>
> In this week, we'll test the release branch in Windows XP with JDK
> 1.5.06, MySQL 4.1.7, MS SQLServer 2000 and Oracle 9i, by confirming
> the
> major bugs in JIRA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.