[VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Pawan Verma
-1
--
Thanks & Regards
Pawan Verma

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM Benjamin Jugl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> -1
>
> Am 24.01.20 um 11:27 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
> > Hi,
> >
> > R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of
> > support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about
> > the next to be released package
> >
> > Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would
> > prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
> >
> > Vote:
> > [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> > [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
> >
> > We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so
> > this vote will be only open for a week.
> >
> > Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is
> > another process documented at
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
> >

> > Thank you for your attention
> >
> > Jacques

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

+1

> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next to
> be released package
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>
> Thank you for your attention

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Dennis Balkir
-1

Dennis Balkir

Am 24.01.20 um 11:27 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Hi,
>
> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of
> support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about
> the next to be released package
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would
> prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so
> this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is
> another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>

> Thank you for your attention

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Ingo Könemann
-1

Ingo Könemann

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Ulrich Heidfeld
-1

Ulrich Heidfeld

[VOTE] [RESULT] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next to
> be released package
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>
> Thank you for your attention
>
> Jacques

Thank you All,

As it was not a vote for a release process, I did not separate binding votes from others votes. Anyway it would not have changed the vote result.

The voting process is now closed and the vote is negative, with 6 positive votes ("+1"), 10 negative votes, and a neutral vote.

Thank you all for your participation.

The R17 branch will be released before the R18

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Ah, we crossed on wire with Dennis's -1 vote, anyway again it does not change the result

> Le 24/01/2020 à 11:27, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next to
>> be released package
>>
>> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>>
>> Vote:
>> [ +1] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
>> [ -1]  Release R17 before releasing R18
>>
>> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.
>>
>> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>>
>> Thank you for your attention
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> Thank you All,
>
> As it was not a vote for a release process, I did not separate binding votes from others votes. Anyway it would not have changed the vote result.
>
> The voting process is now closed and the vote is negative, with 6 positive votes ("+1"), 10 negative votes, and a neutral vote.
>
> Thank you all for your participation.
>
> The R17 branch will be released before the R18

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Hi Ingo,

Your message has been moderated.

Please subscribe to the dev ML and then use your email client.

Le 31/01/2020 à 15:12, Ingo Könemann a écrit :
> -1
>

> Ingo Könemann

Re: [VOTE] Do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

Hi Ulrich ,

Le 31/01/2020 à 15:13, Ulrich Heidfeld a écrit :
> -1
>

> Ulrich Heidfeld

12