[VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
 This is the vote thread to release a new bug fix release for the
release16.11 branch.
This new release, "Apache OFBiz 16.11.06" will supersede all the previous
releases from the same branch.
The release files can be downloaded from here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/

and are:

* apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip
* KEYS: text file with keys
* apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.asc: the detached signature file
* apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512: checksum file

Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions
on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).

The preview of the Release Notes can be found at:
https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-16.11.06.html

Vote:
[ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 16.11.06
[ -1] do not release

In order to provide enough time to discuss and test the candidate files,
this vote will be open for at least 10 days.

For more details about this process please read

Best Regards,

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

taher
All tests are clear, smoke tests clear, SHA512 checksum matches

+1 from my side. Thank you for your efforts Jacopo

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM Jacopo Cappellato
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  This is the vote thread to release a new bug fix release for the
> release16.11 branch.
> This new release, "Apache OFBiz 16.11.06" will supersede all the previous
> releases from the same branch.
> The release files can be downloaded from here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/
>
> and are:
>
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip
> * KEYS: text file with keys
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.asc: the detached signature file
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512: checksum file
>
> Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions
> on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).
>
> The preview of the Release Notes can be found at:
> https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-16.11.06.html
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 16.11.06
> [ -1] do not release
>
> In order to provide enough time to discuss and test the candidate files,
> this vote will be open for at least 10 days.
>
> For more details about this process please read
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>
> Best Regards,
> Jacopo Cappellato

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Nicolas Malin-2
Same here

+1

On 8/10/19 4:30 PM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:

> All tests are clear, smoke tests clear, SHA512 checksum matches
>
> +1 from my side. Thank you for your efforts Jacopo
>
> On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM Jacopo Cappellato
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>   This is the vote thread to release a new bug fix release for the
>> release16.11 branch.
>> This new release, "Apache OFBiz 16.11.06" will supersede all the previous
>> releases from the same branch.
>> The release files can be downloaded from here:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/
>>
>> and are:
>>
>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip
>> * KEYS: text file with keys
>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.asc: the detached signature file
>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512: checksum file
>>
>> Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions
>> on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).
>>
>> The preview of the Release Notes can be found at:
>> https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-16.11.06.html
>>
>> Vote:
>> [ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 16.11.06
>> [ -1] do not release
>>
>> In order to provide enough time to discuss and test the candidate files,
>> this vote will be open for at least 10 days.
>>
>> For more details about this process please read
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Jacopo Cappellato

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Thanks Jacopo

-1

checksum OK, tests OK, runs OK

Before being able to run tests and OFBiz, like you Jacopo, I had to add org.gradle.jvmargs="-Xmx512m" in a gradle.properties file (for me in Gradle home)

I wonder if it's not related to the Gradle version installed.

After seeing that Swapnil was able to run with 5.5.1 I tried it, to no avail, same again back to 5.0.

Only adding the trick in a gradle.properties file worked.

Maybe we should better have DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="" in both Gradle files? Did not try...

Also the README.md.html was not up to date. I committed the necessary change. We could also get rid of it, but I find it quite convenient :)

Jacques

Le 11/08/2019 à 14:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :

> Same here
>
> +1
>
> On 8/10/19 4:30 PM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
>> All tests are clear, smoke tests clear, SHA512 checksum matches
>>
>> +1 from my side. Thank you for your efforts Jacopo
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 12:17 PM Jacopo Cappellato
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>   This is the vote thread to release a new bug fix release for the
>>> release16.11 branch.
>>> This new release, "Apache OFBiz 16.11.06" will supersede all the previous
>>> releases from the same branch.
>>> The release files can be downloaded from here:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/
>>>
>>> and are:
>>>
>>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip
>>> * KEYS: text file with keys
>>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.asc: the detached signature file
>>> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512: checksum file
>>>
>>> Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions
>>> on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).
>>>
>>> The preview of the Release Notes can be found at:
>>> https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-16.11.06.html
>>>
>>> Vote:
>>> [ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 16.11.06
>>> [ -1] do not release
>>>
>>> In order to provide enough time to discuss and test the candidate files,
>>> this vote will be open for at least 10 days.
>>>
>>> For more details about this process please read
>>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Jacopo Cappellato

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

I thought we could recommend to install Gradle2.13 but it's not at https://gradle.org/releases/

So we would need to recommend to use https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.13-bin.zip rather

Trying that...

> Thanks Jacopo
>
> -1
>
> checksum OK, tests OK, runs OK
>
> Before being able to run tests and OFBiz, like you Jacopo, I had to add org.gradle.jvmargs="-Xmx512m" in a gradle.properties file (for me in Gradle
> home)
>
> I wonder if it's not related to the Gradle version installed.
>
> After seeing that Swapnil was able to run with 5.5.1 I tried it, to no avail, same again back to 5.0.
>
> Only adding the trick in a gradle.properties file worked.
>
> Maybe we should better have DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="" in both Gradle files? Did not try...
>
> Also the README.md.html was not up to date. I committed the necessary change. We could also get rid of it, but I find it quite convenient :)
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 11/08/2019 à 14:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
>> Same here
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On 8/10/19 4:30 PM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
>>> All tests are clear, smoke tests clear, SHA512 checksum matches
>>>
>>> +1 from my side. Thank you for your efforts Jacopo

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

It does not work anyway:

C:\projectsASF\ofbiz>gradle -v

Gradle 2.13

Build time:   2016-04-25 04:10:10 UTC
Build number: none
Revision:     3b427b1481e46232107303c90be7b05079b05b1c

Groovy:       2.4.4
Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.6 compiled on June 29 2015
JVM:          1.8.0_202 (Oracle Corporation 25.202-b08)
OS:           Windows 7 6.1 amd64

C:\projectsASF\ofbiz>cd C:\projectsASF\ofbiz\tools\apache-ofbiz-16.11.06

C:\projectsASF\ofbiz\tools\apache-ofbiz-16.11.06>gradlew
Parallel execution is an incubating feature.
:compileJava

The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
         at com.sun.tools.javac.util.Position$LineMapImpl.build(Position.java:153)

> I thought we could recommend to install Gradle2.13 but it's not at https://gradle.org/releases/
>
> So we would need to recommend to use https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.13-bin.zip rather
>
> Trying that...
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 11/08/2019 à 17:31, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Thanks Jacopo
>>
>> -1
>>
>> checksum OK, tests OK, runs OK
>>
>> Before being able to run tests and OFBiz, like you Jacopo, I had to add org.gradle.jvmargs="-Xmx512m" in a gradle.properties file (for me in Gradle
>> home)
>>
>> I wonder if it's not related to the Gradle version installed.
>>
>> After seeing that Swapnil was able to run with 5.5.1 I tried it, to no avail, same again back to 5.0.
>>
>> Only adding the trick in a gradle.properties file worked.
>>
>> Maybe we should better have DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="" in both Gradle files? Did not try...
>>
>> Also the README.md.html was not up to date. I committed the necessary change. We could also get rid of it, but I find it quite convenient :)
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 11/08/2019 à 14:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
>>> Same here
>>>
>>> +1

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Michael Brohl-3
Hi Jacopo,

it seems that you have used a different format for the
apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512 file than in other releases.

This breaks the automatic signature check of the script in
ofbiz-tools/verify-ofbiz-release.sh

Can you check?

Thanks,

Michael

Am 10.08.19 um 11:17 schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:

>   This is the vote thread to release a new bug fix release for the
> release16.11 branch.
> This new release, "Apache OFBiz 16.11.06" will supersede all the previous
> releases from the same branch.
> The release files can be downloaded from here:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/
>
> and are:
>
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip
> * KEYS: text file with keys
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.asc: the detached signature file
> * apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512: checksum file
>
> Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions
> on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).
>
> The preview of the Release Notes can be found at:
> https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-16.11.06.html
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 16.11.06
> [ -1] do not release
>
> In order to provide enough time to discuss and test the candidate files,
> this vote will be open for at least 10 days.
>
> For more details about this process please read
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>
> Best Regards,
> Jacopo Cappellato

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 1:34 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> it seems that you have used a different format for the
> apache-ofbiz-16.11.06.zip.sha512 file than in other releases.
>
> This breaks the automatic signature check of the script in
> ofbiz-tools/verify-ofbiz-release.sh
>
> Can you check?

This is caused because the output format of the script I have used to
generate the hash (shasum) is different from the one of gpg (that is used
by the verify-ofbiz-release.sh script); the hashes are still the same so it
is a false negative result but I understand it can be annoying and,
considering the other feedback from Jacques, I am inclined to cancel this
vote and run a new one once these issues will be solved.

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 5:32 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Maybe we should better have DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS="" in both Gradle files? Did
> not try...

This worked for me but I couldn't find a way to instruct Gradle to generate
the wrapper files in this way.
This issue is clearly dependent from some external factors that we are
still not fully grasping: so far it was experienced by you and me while for
others it is working fine.
We could either add some notes about it to the README or consider the
Bintray approach introduced by Nicolas also for this release branch.

Also the README.md.html was not up to date. I committed the necessary
> change.

Is there a way to automatically generate this file? We could add the steps
to the release guide.

I suggest to cancel this vote for now.

> Le 11/08/2019 à 14:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
> > Same here
> >
> > +1
> >
> > On 8/10/19 4:30 PM, Taher Alkhateeb wrote:
> >> All tests are clear, smoke tests clear, SHA512 checksum matches
> >>
> >> +1 from my side. Thank you for your efforts Jacopo

> previous

> instructions
> http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).

> files,

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Hi Jacopo,

Inline...

Le 18/08/2019 à 08:51, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> We could either add some notes about it to the README or consider the
>
> Bintray approach introduced by Nicolas also for this release branch.

The Bintray approach sounds fine with me. We then need to update the README.md

> Also the README.md.html was not up to date. I committed the necessary change.
> Is there a way to automatically generate this file? We could add the steps
> to the release guide.

I used https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/tools/updateWiki.bat for that.

It's now adapted to Asciidoc (since R17). For R16 we can manually use

pandoc README.md -s -o README.md.html

from OFBiz home. I don't think we need to update the release guide for R16.
For r17+ we can use updateWiki.bat. I let you update the wiki page, right?

> I suggest to cancel this vote for now.

+1

Thanks!

Jacques

> Jacopo
>

>> Jacques
>>
>> Le 11/08/2019 à 14:07, Nicolas Malin a écrit :
>>> Same here
>>>
>>> +1

>> previous

>> instructions
>> http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).

>> files,

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 18/08/2019 à 08:51, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
> > We could either add some notes about it to the README or consider the
> >
> > Bintray approach introduced by Nicolas also for this release branch.
> >
> The Bintray approach sounds fine with me. We then need to update the
> README.md

It would be great if Nicolas, or anyone else, could backport Nicolas' patch
to the 16.11 release branch.

> For R16 we can manually use
>
> pandoc README.md -s -o README.md.html

Thank you, noted.

Le 18/08/2019 à 15:20, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 18/08/2019 à 08:51, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>>> We could either add some notes about it to the README or consider the
>>>
>>> Bintray approach introduced by Nicolas also for this release branch.
>>>
>> The Bintray approach sounds fine with me. We then need to update the
>> README.md
>>
> It would be great if Nicolas, or anyone else, could backport Nicolas' patch
> to the 16.11 release branch.

We need 1st to upload  the 2.13 there. I don't know exactly how to do that. It would be good to have the steps in the RM wiki page

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

> Le 18/08/2019 à 15:20, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>>> The Bintray approach sounds fine with me. We then need to update the
>>> README.md
>>>
>> It would be great if Nicolas, or anyone else, could backport Nicolas' patch
>> to the 16.11 release branch.
>
> We need 1st to upload  the 2.13 there. I don't know exactly how to do that. It would be good to have the steps in the RM wiki page
>
> Jacques

I committed the files in the branch. Still needs to upload in Bintray

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Nicolas Malin-2
I will to it this night (I'm currently on customer site)

I need also add the gradlew script. Let me one day :)

Nicolas

On 8/19/19 12:58 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 18/08/2019 à 17:01, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Le 18/08/2019 à 15:20, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

>>> It would be great if Nicolas, or anyone else, could backport
>>> Nicolas' patch
>>> to the 16.11 release branch.
>>
>> We need 1st to upload  the 2.13 there. I don't know exactly how to do
>> that. It would be good to have the steps in the RM wiki page
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> I committed the files in the branch. Still needs to upload in Bintray

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Nicolas Malin-2
Ok it's down on bintray :)

I also update shasum fingerprint at revision 1865546, and manage to
download gradlew when it's not present.

Cheers,

Nicolas

On 8/19/19 12:58 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Le 18/08/2019 à 17:01, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Le 18/08/2019 à 15:20, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

>>> It would be great if Nicolas, or anyone else, could backport
>>> Nicolas' patch
>>> to the 16.11 release branch.
>>
>> We need 1st to upload  the 2.13 there. I don't know exactly how to do
>> that. It would be good to have the steps in the RM wiki page
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> I committed the files in the branch. Still needs to upload in Bintray

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Thank you!
In rev. 1865605 I have updated the README files and improved some of the
messages (and comments) in the script.
Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Jacopo

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 6:29 PM Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ok it's down on bintray :)
>
> I also update shasum fingerprint at revision 1865546, and manage to
> download gradlew when it's not present.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>
> On 8/19/19 12:58 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> >> We need 1st to upload  the 2.13 there. I don't know exactly how to do
> >> that. It would be good to have the steps in the RM wiki page
> >>
> >> Jacques
> >>
> > I committed the files in the branch. Still needs to upload in Bintray
> >
> > Jacques

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Nicolas Malin-2
Nice review, It's ok for me

Thanks Jacopo

Nicolas

On 8/21/19 10:07 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Thank you!
> In rev. 1865605 I have updated the README files and improved some of the
> messages (and comments) in the script.
> Please have a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Jacopo
>
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 6:29 PM Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok it's down on bintray :)
>>
>> I also update shasum fingerprint at revision 1865546, and manage to
>> download gradlew when it's not present.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nicolas

>>> I committed the files in the branch. Still needs to upload in Bintray
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 16.11.06

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Now that Nicolas has implemented the Bintray approach on 16.11, I propose
to delete the binary and script files that are available in Bintray: in
this way the release branch will be the same as our release files and we
will have a more solid way to test that the init script works well.
Any objections?

Jacopo