Warning caused by FinAccountTrans.comment field

Warning caused by FinAccountTrans.comment field

in the FinAccountTrans entity there is a field named "comment"; this
causes a warning at startup (at least in Derby) because "comment" seems
to be a reserved word... can we simply change it to "comments".

Should we also change the field's type from long-varchar to comments?

Re: Warning caused by FinAccountTrans.comment field

Yes, why not ?

+1

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> in the FinAccountTrans entity there is a field named "comment"; this
> causes a warning at startup (at least in Derby) because "comment" seems
> to be a reserved word... can we simply change it to "comments".
>
> Should we also change the field's type from long-varchar to comments?
>
> Jacopo

Re: Warning caused by FinAccountTrans.comment field

David E Jones

Call to all committers: DO NOT COMMIT DATA MODEL CHANGES WITHOUT AT LEAST STARTING OFBIZ TO LET IT DO SOME BASIC CHECKS ON THE ENTITY MODEL.

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the FinAccountTrans entity there is a field named "comment"; this
> causes a warning at startup (at least in Derby) because "comment" seems
> to be a reserved word... can we simply change it to "comments".

The entity engine is probably reporting this as a reserved word at startup. The field name should be changed as "comment" is a reserved word in various databases.

> Should we also change the field's type from long-varchar to comments?

Might as well, would be more consistent.

Re: Warning caused by FinAccountTrans.comment field

Jacopo Cappellato
I forgot to mention that I've fixed it in rev. 554591

Jacopo