We're Hiring!

Contributions in Jira WAS Re: We're Hiring!

Jacopo Cappellato
Adrian Crum wrote:

> I'd like to second what Chris suggested. I have contributed enhancements
> to Jira that, for one reason or another, weren't deemed acceptable for
> inclusion in the project. I keep those contributions updated against the
> latest SVN so that others can use them. Who knows, maybe in time there
> will be enough interest to get them included. In the meantime they're
> readily accessible to the OFBiz community.
>
> -Adrian

Adrian,

I appreciate your patience and perseverance, and I've just quickly
reviewed (and commented) all your issues that were unassigned: this will
hopefully help to keep them alive and to resolve all of them.
To all, in my opinion, Adrian's way is the best way to get your patches
committed: from time to time ask to the community (not just to the
committers) to test your patches in Jira to keep them alive and 'oblige'
the committers to see them!

Re: Contributions in Jira WAS Re: We're Hiring!

David E Jones

On Oct 14, 2007, at 12:30 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Adrian Crum wrote:
>> I'd like to second what Chris suggested. I have contributed
>> enhancements to Jira that, for one reason or another, weren't
>> deemed acceptable for inclusion in the project. I keep those
>> contributions updated against the latest SVN so that others can
>> use them. Who knows, maybe in time there will be enough interest
>> to get them included. In the meantime they're readily accessible
>> to the OFBiz community.
>> -Adrian
>
> Adrian,
>
> I appreciate your patience and perseverance, and I've just quickly
> reviewed (and commented) all your issues that were unassigned: this
> will hopefully help to keep them alive and to resolve all of them.
> To all, in my opinion, Adrian's way is the best way to get your
> patches committed: from time to time ask to the community (not just
> to the committers) to test your patches in Jira to keep them alive
> and 'oblige' the committers to see them!
Thanks for sorting through these Jacopo. I've noticed you've
commented on a few for me to look at, and I'll try to get to those
and some others I've been queuing up over the next week.

Re: Contributions in Jira WAS Re: We're Hiring!

Adrian Crum
David and Jacopo,

Clarification: in my comment to Skip, I was speaking "historically" - I wasn't referring to the
current open issues. Thanks for taking a look at the current issues anyway.

I strongly encourage Skip to make use of the existing Apache resources (ie Jira). They are well
suited and time tested collaboration tools.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2007, at 12:30 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>
>> Adrian Crum wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to second what Chris suggested. I have contributed
>>> enhancements to Jira that, for one reason or another, weren't  deemed
>>> acceptable for inclusion in the project. I keep those  contributions
>>> updated against the latest SVN so that others can  use them. Who
>>> knows, maybe in time there will be enough interest  to get them
>>> included. In the meantime they're readily accessible  to the OFBiz
>>> community.
>>> -Adrian
>>

>> Adrian,
>>
>> I appreciate your patience and perseverance, and I've just quickly
>> reviewed (and commented) all your issues that were unassigned: this
>> will hopefully help to keep them alive and to resolve all of them.
>> To all, in my opinion, Adrian's way is the best way to get your
>> patches committed: from time to time ask to the community (not just
>> to the committers) to test your patches in Jira to keep them alive
>> and 'oblige' the committers to see them!
>

> Thanks for sorting through these Jacopo. I've noticed you've  commented
> on a few for me to look at, and I'll try to get to those  and some
> others I've been queuing up over the next week.

Re: We're Hiring!

guo weizhan
*the more you love, the more severelly you criticize (in Chinese, 爱之深, 责之切).
*
Shi, that's greate,

I think ofbiz pubilc under the Apache license, It's ok the others republic
with they effort under any license they want which not    conflicts with the
apache license. As a company they must make profile form what they done, so
they chose the license can fit their operating model, it's ok.

And with the company can get the profile from the Ofbiz, I think they will
return their work back in convenient time.

BTW, the more company adopt the Ofbiz the more people will became know
about Ofbiz, and will make more person to join in and contribute.

2007/10/12, Shi Jinghai <[hidden email]>:

> Hi David,
>
> I can understand your feeling, the more you love, the more severelly you
> criticize (in Chinese, 爱之深, 责之切). And I agree with you.
>
> > Not to say there is anything wrong or bad with what Open Source
> > Strategies is doing (it's great to have their participation in
> > OFBiz!), but just pointing this out so that those listening in
> > realize there are other equally valid alternatives.
> BTW, as OFBiz has been TLP of Apache, could you start to select some sub
> projects in OFBiz? Such as OFBiz CRM, OFBiz-CMS bridge, OFBiz-SSO and
> etc.
>
> I think it's time to plant some seeds in OFBiz garden and encourage them
> to grow, do you?
>
> Regards,
>
> Shi Jinghai/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

Re: We're Hiring!

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi
I am looking forward to grab your opportunity please find the attached resume.
Regards,
Phanindra.

On 10/10/07, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey everybody -

Just wanted to remind everybody on this list that we're still looking
for more developers with some familiarity with OFBiz.  We have paid
positions for developers to work on both client projects and the
development of the opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM system and ofbiz.
Some of the things which you'll be working on include:

- Extending business intelligence in opentaps
- Upgrading our user interfaces
- Building out our applications
- Building a comprehensive set of tests and testing procedures

You can work at your own schedule, either full-time and part-time, and
from anywhere you want.  If this is something you're interested in,
please send me an email off the list.

Thanks!

Si Chen

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

RE: We're Hiring!

SkipDever
Phanindra

You'll probably have more luck using the email address for
opensourcestrategies.

  G.Venkata Phanindra
  Mob:: 9849852989

Re: OFBiz Macro Level Project Structure

Shi Jinghai
Hi David,

That's great!

As we had offered some consulting services to MFG.com on its website
rebuilding, we had a chance to see the vertical manufacturing markets
are well developing. I think perhaps the PDM(such as ptc's winchill) may
also have a good chance to be popular. Is there any choice now or in
near future to put it togather with OFBiz?

Regards,

Shi Jinghai/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

> We have discussed creating separate projects for these sorts of
> things, but we just don't have enough management bandwidth with the
> current volunteers to handle the overhead of creating all of these
> different projects with different infrastructure and such.
>
> Sooner or later we'll definitely get there and probably even split
> out the framework and applications as separate projects. Actually
> right now we have the directory tree structured to prepare for this,
> and there would be a sub-project for each of the following:
>
> - ofbiz/framework (along with ofbiz/runtime)
> - ofbiz/applications
> - each directory under: ofbiz/specialpurpose
>
> Right now we are maintaining strict one-way dependencies between
> these. In other words the framework can run without applications, and
> the framework and applications are totally independent of any of the
> specialpurpose applications.

Re: OFBiz Macro Level Project Structure

Shi Jinghai
> are well developing. I think perhaps the PDM(such as ptc's winchill) may
type error: winchill should be windchill.

12